Calcutta Electricity Supply Company Ltd.

DISCOM NAME CESC Limited
STATE NAME West Bengal
DISCOM DESCRIPTION Starting as Indias first fully integrated electrical utility, CESC have been generating and distributing electrical power in Kolkata and Howrah since 1897. CESC is the sole distributor of electricity within an area of 567 sq km of Kolkata and Howrah serving 2.3 million consumers which includes domestic, industrial and commercial users. We own and operate four thermal power plants generating 1225 MW of power. These are Budge Budge Generating Station (750 MW), Southern Generating Station (135 MW), Titagarh Generating Station (240 MW) and New Cossipore Generating Station (100 MW). Almost 88% of our customers electricity requirement is met from our own generating plants, rest 12% of electricity is purchased from third parties. More than 50% of the coal requirement is sourced from captive mines. We own and operate the Transmission & Distribution system through which we supply electricity to consumers. This system comprises of 474 km circuit of transmission lines linking the Companys generating and receiving stations with 85 distribution stations; 3,837 km circuit of HT lines further linking distribution stations with LT substations, large industrial consumers and 9,867 km circuit of LT lines connecting the LT substations to LT consumers. CESC Limited is a flagship company of RPG Enterprises, one of Indias leading industrial houses.
WEBSITE URL https://www.cesc.co.in/
ABOUT DISCOM CESC is India’s first fully integrated electrical utility company and we’ve been on an epic ride ever since 1897 in generating and distributing power in Kolkata and Howrah.We have private participation in generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power. We are the sole distributor of electricity within an area of 567sq km of Kolkata & Howrah and serve 2.9 million consumers which include domestic, industrial and commercial users. We own & operate four thermal power plants generating 1225 MW of power. These are Budge Budge Generating Station (750 MW), Southern Generating Station (135 MW), Titagarh Generating Station (240 MW) and New Cossipore Generating Station (100 MW). From our four generating stations, we accomplish 88% of our customer’s electricity requirement and remaining 12% is achieved by purchase of electricity from third parties. More than 50% of coal is sourced from captive mines for generation of electricity in our generating stations.We own & operate the Transmission & Distribution System through which we supply electricity to consumers. This system comprises of 474 km circuit of transmission lines linking the company’s generating & receiving stations with 105 distribution stations, 8,211 circuit km of HT lines further linking distribution stations with LT substations, large industrial consumers and 12,269 circuit km of LT lines connecting the LT substations to LT consumers.In diurnal course, we have verged upon renewable sources. We have brought forth three projects in three different areas of renewable sources. These are Gujarat Solar, which is a solar plant in Gujarat’s Kutch generating 9MW solar energy, Hydro Power Venture (Papu Hydropower Projects Limited & Pachi Hydropower Projects) in Arunachal Pradesh, generating 146 MW energy and Wind Power Operation, a 24 MW project at Dangi in Rajasthan.
HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS CESC Limited,
CESC House,
Chowringhee Square,
Kolkata – 700001,
Phone: 22256040-49,
ERC NAME West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission

Other Discoms Belonging To West Bengal

1
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.    (WBSEDCL)
2
Durgapur Projects Limited    (Durgapur Projects Limited)
3
DPSC Ltd.    (DPSC Ltd)