Power News We love to talk!
GMR, Temasek and IDFC Alternatives-led consortium of investors, IDFC Consortium, has agreed to restructure its existing investment in GMR Energy Ltd (GEL).
These investors had invested Rs. 1,395 crore in compulsorily convertible preference shares (CCPS) in GEL in 2010.
GMR group and the investors have now agreed to restructure the terms taking into account the interest of both the parties.
GMR Infrastructure Ltd, subject to satisfaction of conditions precedent, will issue CCPS worth Rs. 788.8 crore to Temasek and Rs. 347.8 crore to the IDFC Consortium through a preferential allotment.
The residual investment of the investors in GEL will continue. Commenting on the arrangement, GMR Group Chairman GM Rao said, “This is the culmination of the long-term partnership with the investors and demonstrates their confidence in the Group. We are confident that together with the support from the investors, we will build a strong energy portfolio”.
- Italys Enel Green Power acquires a majority stake in BLP Energy Read more
- AP govt to take over 75% of Discom loans in two tranches within 2 years Read more
- Renewables to account for 40 per cent of Indias energy mix by 2030: Power Minister R K Singh Read more
- A.P. targets 5,000 MW of solar power by2019 Read more
- MSEDCL would pay Capacity Charges to RGPPL Read more
- Power gear makers gives thumbs up to GST but lack of investment still the biggest concern Read more
- India, other countries signed International Solar Alliance framework agreement Read more
- REConnect Energy launches online renewable energy marketplace Read more
- Chinese solar PV firms seeking local partners: Titan Energy Chairman Read more
- Centre to give PSUs Rs. 1,000 cr for grid-connected solar projects Read more