Power News We love to talk!
GMR, Temasek and IDFC Alternatives-led consortium of investors, IDFC Consortium, has agreed to restructure its existing investment in GMR Energy Ltd (GEL).
These investors had invested Rs. 1,395 crore in compulsorily convertible preference shares (CCPS) in GEL in 2010.
GMR group and the investors have now agreed to restructure the terms taking into account the interest of both the parties.
GMR Infrastructure Ltd, subject to satisfaction of conditions precedent, will issue CCPS worth Rs. 788.8 crore to Temasek and Rs. 347.8 crore to the IDFC Consortium through a preferential allotment.
The residual investment of the investors in GEL will continue. Commenting on the arrangement, GMR Group Chairman GM Rao said, “This is the culmination of the long-term partnership with the investors and demonstrates their confidence in the Group. We are confident that together with the support from the investors, we will build a strong energy portfolio”.
- Tata Power-DDL launches energy efficient LED lights, fans scheme for customers Read more
- VNIT develops energy minimizing controller, transfers tech to BARC Read more
- Solar power installations cross 3,000-MW mark Read more
- All future foreign atomic reactors to be 1,200 Megawatt and above Read more
- Piyush Goyal supports idea of tax incentives for roof top solar panel Read more
- Floating solar panel more powerful than land avatar Read more
- HPCL to raise Rs27,000 crore for Rajasthan refinery Read more
- Suzlon Energy keen to sell forging and foundry company as part of core focus Read more
- Round two of coal mine auctions may not see aggressive bidding Read more
- Oil Slumps to Three-Month Low After European Elections Read more