Power News We love to talk!
GMR, Temasek and IDFC Alternatives-led consortium of investors, IDFC Consortium, has agreed to restructure its existing investment in GMR Energy Ltd (GEL).
These investors had invested Rs. 1,395 crore in compulsorily convertible preference shares (CCPS) in GEL in 2010.
GMR group and the investors have now agreed to restructure the terms taking into account the interest of both the parties.
GMR Infrastructure Ltd, subject to satisfaction of conditions precedent, will issue CCPS worth Rs. 788.8 crore to Temasek and Rs. 347.8 crore to the IDFC Consortium through a preferential allotment.
The residual investment of the investors in GEL will continue. Commenting on the arrangement, GMR Group Chairman GM Rao said, “This is the culmination of the long-term partnership with the investors and demonstrates their confidence in the Group. We are confident that together with the support from the investors, we will build a strong energy portfolio”.
- Maharashtra to soon introduce Energy Conservation policy Read more
- Opec's weakest links feeling pain that US shale producers seek Read more
- Aggressive bidding for coal blocks is likely to cost power companies dear Read more
- Tamil Nadu to set up Rs 2350 crore solar photovoltaic power park Read more
- MUDA commissions rooftop solar power unit on its building Read more
- Indian Oil Corporation gets government nod to buy US crude oil every month this year Read more
- ONGC seeking oil assets in other regions amid Iran gas row Read more
- In liberalised coal mining regime, Coal India seeks advantage Read more
- Power distribution companies to see marginal rise in credit metrics in 2017: Fitch Read more
- Piramal Finance sanctions Rs700 crore more ACME Solar Holdings Read more