Power News We love to talk!
Power back-up solutions provider Su-Kam Power Systems has installed solar power systems across 10,000 houses in seven districts under the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Powered Green House Scheme in the State.
The company would be undertaking an additional 2,500 solar installations under this project by end of this month, Su-Kam Power Systems said in a statement.
"We are pleased to work for TEDA (Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency) and provide them a customised solution to harness solar energy to meet basic power requirements in rural homes", Su-Kam Vice-President Solar projects, Ashish Sethi said.
As per the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Power Green House scheme, three lakh houses would be constructed with solar power lightings over a five year period from 2011 to 2016.
"In addition to the above installations, TEDA has assigned us the project for installing solar power systems in 27,700 additional houses in the next phase of this project", Sethi added.
Su-Kam has six manufacturing facilities and over 30,000 dealerships in the country, the statement added.
- Rlys eyes solar to save Rs. 41,000 cr in energy costs Read more
- CRISIL downgrades Lanco Teesta Hydro to D grade Read more
- 160 power projects to generate 46,948 MW electricity: Nabam Tuki Read more
- BHEL bags Rs 10,000 crore contract from Bangladesh in largest-ever order Read more
- Coal bed methane, a non-issue in TN: CM Read more
- Using CNG for bikes may get students more marks Read more
- VNIT develops energy minimizing controller, transfers tech to BARC Read more
- NITI Aayog proposes nodal energy ministry to streamline governance Read more
- Indian-American entrepreneur offers fast track mini nuclear reactors to India Read more
- Suzlon Group bags 105 MW wind project order from Greenko Group Read more