Power News We love to talk!
Power back-up solutions provider Su-Kam Power Systems has installed solar power systems across 10,000 houses in seven districts under the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Powered Green House Scheme in the State.
The company would be undertaking an additional 2,500 solar installations under this project by end of this month, Su-Kam Power Systems said in a statement.
"We are pleased to work for TEDA (Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency) and provide them a customised solution to harness solar energy to meet basic power requirements in rural homes", Su-Kam Vice-President Solar projects, Ashish Sethi said.
As per the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Power Green House scheme, three lakh houses would be constructed with solar power lightings over a five year period from 2011 to 2016.
"In addition to the above installations, TEDA has assigned us the project for installing solar power systems in 27,700 additional houses in the next phase of this project", Sethi added.
Su-Kam has six manufacturing facilities and over 30,000 dealerships in the country, the statement added.
- BERC invites comments on its Consultative Paper on the proposal for BERC (Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive Systems Based on Net Metering) Regulations, 2015 Read more
- JERC turns down Chandigarh MCs solar power sale-grid request Read more
- Railways eyes Rewa-type solar plant with MP Read more
- Solar City: Kochi still at drawing board Read more
- Adanis Australia mining story a test case for others Read more
- Coal power faces an uncertain future in India Read more
- Budget for power exposes chinks in energy policy ? Read more
- Now, solar energy to power water pumps in rural areas Read more
- Sembcorp looks to refinance India power units Rs3,000 crore debt Read more
- Delhi high court says clubbing end-uses of coal mines can lead to arbitrariness Read more