Power News We love to talk!
Power back-up solutions provider Su-Kam Power Systems has installed solar power systems across 10,000 houses in seven districts under the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Powered Green House Scheme in the State.
The company would be undertaking an additional 2,500 solar installations under this project by end of this month, Su-Kam Power Systems said in a statement.
"We are pleased to work for TEDA (Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency) and provide them a customised solution to harness solar energy to meet basic power requirements in rural homes", Su-Kam Vice-President Solar projects, Ashish Sethi said.
As per the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Power Green House scheme, three lakh houses would be constructed with solar power lightings over a five year period from 2011 to 2016.
"In addition to the above installations, TEDA has assigned us the project for installing solar power systems in 27,700 additional houses in the next phase of this project", Sethi added.
Su-Kam has six manufacturing facilities and over 30,000 dealerships in the country, the statement added.
- Cairn, ONGC and Tata Petro spar over cess, royalty Read more
- Hindustan Powerprojects in talks to sell solar assets Read more
- ‘NLC will have11500 MW capacity in ten years’ Read more
- NTPC trades surplus power at IEX for the first time Read more
- Achieve 100 GW clean energy by 2019-20: Niti Action Agenda Read more
- OPEC price war threatened by Saudi move risks further slide Read more
- Dumping duty on solar panels sees hard lobbying Read more
- Myanmar as economic miracle hinges on natural gas bounty Read more
- Efficiency, reliability of panels hurdles to solar energy mission Read more
- Renewable energy projects of 4,000 MW set up in FY-15 Read more