Power News We love to talk!
Power back-up solutions provider Su-Kam Power Systems has installed solar power systems across 10,000 houses in seven districts under the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Powered Green House Scheme in the State.
The company would be undertaking an additional 2,500 solar installations under this project by end of this month, Su-Kam Power Systems said in a statement.
"We are pleased to work for TEDA (Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency) and provide them a customised solution to harness solar energy to meet basic power requirements in rural homes", Su-Kam Vice-President Solar projects, Ashish Sethi said.
As per the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister's Solar Power Green House scheme, three lakh houses would be constructed with solar power lightings over a five year period from 2011 to 2016.
"In addition to the above installations, TEDA has assigned us the project for installing solar power systems in 27,700 additional houses in the next phase of this project", Sethi added.
Su-Kam has six manufacturing facilities and over 30,000 dealerships in the country, the statement added.
- Renewables are not enough Read more
- India-Africa can join hands to create oil infrastructure: Sushma Swaraj Read more
- Coal imports hit record high on slow domestic output Read more
- HC asks private gencos to move CERC for relief Read more
- Centre to produce 100 MW solar energy in 2 years Read more
- Second phase of distribution of LED bulbs launched Read more
- India's wind energy tariffs may fall further in next auction of projects Read more
- State to go for waste to energy plants in big way Read more
- OTPC in final stages of clinching PPA with Myanmar for exporting power Read more
- GEs open offer for Alstom T&D India below trade price Read more