Power News We love to talk!
State-owned power equipment maker Bhel has commissioned all the four units of the 520 MW Parbati hydro electricity project in Himachal Pradesh.
"With the commissioning of the fourth and final 130 MW hydro generating unit at Parbati project in Himachal Pradesh, Bhel has commissioned all the four units of the underground hydro power plant of NHPC," Bhel said in a statement today.
The first three units at Parbati project were commissioned by Bhel in February and March 2014.
Parbati project is located near village Bihali in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
Bhel's scope of work in the project included supply and installation of turbines, control and monitoring system, associated station auxiliaries, Gas Insulated Switchgear and electrical and mechanical Balance of Plant (BoP).
Bhel is executing three more hydro projects of NHPC -- 3x110 MW Kishanganga in Jammu & Kashmir, 4x40 MW Teesta Low Dam in West Bengal and 4x200 MW Parbati II in Himachal Pradesh, which are in different stages of execution, the statement said.
The company's scrip was trading at Rs 271.20, up 2.81 per cent on the BSE.
- Govt to boost trade ties with Asean: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Focus will be on exploration and production: T K Ananth Kumar Read more
- Gas pricing: Small industries in Gujarat hail new sourcing norms Read more
- Govt invites applications for allotting 7 coal blocks Read more
- Initiate clean cooking movement by tapping solar energy market: PM Modi to startups Read more
- Students develop device to keep track of domestic LPG consumption, to reduce delay in supply Read more
- Organic Recycling Systems develops green mode of generating electricity from solid waste Read more
- Petronet bets big on LNG as fuel to meet transportation needs Read more
- Gas cracker project to be commissioned next month in Assam Read more
- Hiranandani family to invest Rs3,500 crore in oil and gas business Read more