Power News We love to talk!
State-owned power equipment maker Bhel has commissioned all the four units of the 520 MW Parbati hydro electricity project in Himachal Pradesh.
"With the commissioning of the fourth and final 130 MW hydro generating unit at Parbati project in Himachal Pradesh, Bhel has commissioned all the four units of the underground hydro power plant of NHPC," Bhel said in a statement today.
The first three units at Parbati project were commissioned by Bhel in February and March 2014.
Parbati project is located near village Bihali in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
Bhel's scope of work in the project included supply and installation of turbines, control and monitoring system, associated station auxiliaries, Gas Insulated Switchgear and electrical and mechanical Balance of Plant (BoP).
Bhel is executing three more hydro projects of NHPC -- 3x110 MW Kishanganga in Jammu & Kashmir, 4x40 MW Teesta Low Dam in West Bengal and 4x200 MW Parbati II in Himachal Pradesh, which are in different stages of execution, the statement said.
The company's scrip was trading at Rs 271.20, up 2.81 per cent on the BSE.
- Domestic gas: pressure building on govt to allow market price Read more
- Power Ministers of Northeastern states to hold meeting Read more
- Reliance Gas Pipeline gets green nod for Rs 1,428-crore Dahej pipeline Project Read more
- ONGC shortlists Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker for boosting output at 2 oilfields Read more
- De-nationalisation: Coal black future for miners Read more
- PM Modi calls for responsible pricing for affordable energy to all Read more
- Loss on diesel, LPG down by 35% govt says underrecovery still high Read more
- India Power Corporation Ltd plans more renewable power procurement Read more
- Oil-well management body may see first-ever Indian representation Read more
- Coal auction: Government to meet potential bidders this week Read more