Power News We love to talk!
State-owned power equipment maker Bhel has commissioned all the four units of the 520 MW Parbati hydro electricity project in Himachal Pradesh.
"With the commissioning of the fourth and final 130 MW hydro generating unit at Parbati project in Himachal Pradesh, Bhel has commissioned all the four units of the underground hydro power plant of NHPC," Bhel said in a statement today.
The first three units at Parbati project were commissioned by Bhel in February and March 2014.
Parbati project is located near village Bihali in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
Bhel's scope of work in the project included supply and installation of turbines, control and monitoring system, associated station auxiliaries, Gas Insulated Switchgear and electrical and mechanical Balance of Plant (BoP).
Bhel is executing three more hydro projects of NHPC -- 3x110 MW Kishanganga in Jammu & Kashmir, 4x40 MW Teesta Low Dam in West Bengal and 4x200 MW Parbati II in Himachal Pradesh, which are in different stages of execution, the statement said.
The company's scrip was trading at Rs 271.20, up 2.81 per cent on the BSE.
- DGH may review plan to sell 60% stake in ONGC, Oil India fields Read more
- CCI to probe Great Eastern Energy for unfair biz practices Read more
- PM questions CAG maths, BJP sees big kickbacks Read more
- Oil and gas shares extend rally; ONGC hits new high Read more
- ONGC turns to GSPCs undersea infrastructure for KG gas output Read more
- BPCL plans to spend Rs 10,000 crore to boost its refining capacity Read more
- GAIL starts satellite monitoring of its gas pipeline network Read more
- LPG tankers stay off road, stir likely to intensify Read more
- Oil block licensing: Open acreage replaces NELP as new policy regime Read more
- Will strictly implement SC order on coal ban: Taj Trapezium Zone Authority Read more