Power News We love to talk!
Power gear maker AlstomBSE -0.50 % today announced the commissioning of state-owned NHPC's 240 MW Uri-II hydroelectric project in Jammu & Kashmir.
"Alstom has commissioned NHPC's Uri II hydropower project after availability of full water for running all the four units of the project," the company said in a statement.
The 240 MW hydropower project aims to use downstream water discharge of 480 MW Uri-I (already running) hydro project for power generation.
It will also provide additional stability to the northern transmission grid.
"Following the successful execution, this project is certainly amongst major references for Alstom Hydro in India. The team overcame the challenges presented by the project and worked relentlessly to stick to the timelines," Frederic Teyssedou, Unit Managing Director, Alstom Hydro India said.
- Residents sweat from unscheduled power outages in Chennai Read more
- Regulations already exist for grid discipline Read more
- NTPC signs Rs 5,000-crore term loan agreement with SBI Read more
- Indrapratha Gas, Mahindra & Mahindra join hands to stop stubble burning Read more
- Starlit shareholders approve allotment of shares to Guangdong Read more
- Tata Power, IBM join hands to improve energy distribution in Delhi Read more
- Suzlon Energy's Senvion unit wins 4 UK wind-power orders Read more
- Coal India contract labour payments portal to go online tomorrow Read more
- Essar Power can now churn out certified power engineers Read more
- Punjab paid extra to pvt firms for power: Jakhar Read more