Power News We love to talk!
Grid-connected solar power projects are expected to take off in Kerala soon. The Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology (Anert), the nodal agency for implementing solar energy projects in the State, is planning expansion schemes in the grid-connected mode.
A project for installing grid-connected solar power plants of 30kW to 100 kW at various IT parks is set to be implemented.
Lack of grid connectivity has resulted in wastage of generated power in several cases as the unused power can't be retained in the current mode of operation of solar energy plants installed under the 10,000 rooftop solar programme. The problem can effectively be tackled through the grid interactive mode, M. Jayaraju, Director of Anert, told The Hindu . The issue is being dealt with at the national level by the MNRE which is expected to give nod to the grid interactive mode soon, he said.
Over 13,000 people have been enrolled under the 10,000 rooftop solar programme, jointly being implemented by the central and State governments. Over 7,000 domestic units, each having a capacity of 1 kW, have been installed under the scheme. The remaining ones are in various stages of implementation, he said.
The domestic unit costing about Rs. 2 lakh, has a subsidy component of about Rs. 1 lakh. Subsidy is being distributed to the executing agency selected by the consumer. Anert had selected a panel of over a dozen agencies for executing the project. It conducts inspection at the sites before distributing the subsidy. The solar energy programme at IT parks is being monitored by the IT Department.
- Solar capacity addition falls short of forecast in 2012 Read more
- BDU to ink pact with BHEL for setting up solar park Read more
- Monsoon failure aggravates power shortage in State Read more
- Concerns over stalled hydro power projects despite bailout plan Read more
- Oil Ministry campaigns for promoting natural gas use Read more
- Punjab CM inaugurates solar power plant Read more
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency to sanction Rs 13,000 cr loans for renewables in FY18 Read more
- State discom problems will be resolved soon: Goyal Read more
- New transmission line offers respite to power hit Assam Read more
- CERC determines tariff for Powergrids bus reactor at Manesar under NRSS-XIII Read more