Coal News We love to talk!
Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal has directed state-owned CIL and its subsidiaries to submit an immediate action plan to augment their output by 150 million tonnes (MT) within a year.
"Minister of State for Coal...directed CIL and its subsidiaries to submit an immediate action plan for enhancement of coal production by 150 million tonnes within one year .i.e June 2015," an official source said.
The minister assured all support to Coal India Ltd (CIL) in this regard. He also asked coal companies to draw the demand-supply graphs of coal after taking realistic inputs from the Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
The Minister has asked coal companies to evolve a mechanism for augmentation of production and the requisite quantity and quality to be supplied to the power stations, which has already been set up, the source said.
Coal India's mine planning & consultancy company CMPDIL is of the view that the addition of 150 MT coal production in one year would require additional evacuation facilities.
State-owned CIL, which accounts for over 80 per cent of domestic coal production, achieved an output of 33.1 MT in July, missing its target of 35.80 MT. CIL had missed its output target of 482 million tonnes for 2013-14, producing 462 million tonnes during the period.
Production fell short of target because of various reasons, including lack of environment clearance to coal mining projects. In 2012-13, the company produced 452.5 million tonnes of coal, falling short of the 464 MT target.
Coal India's production target for 2014-15 has been set at 507 MT, while the offtake target is 520 MT.
- Rooftop Solar Grid Interactive System based on Net Metering, Regulations (1st Amendment), 2015 Read more
- No immediate plan to remove subsidy on LPG: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- 2,500 to get skill training in solar energy in Karnataka Read more
- Shell in talks to buy stake in the planned Kakinada LNG project Read more
- GAIL reconfigures Rs 12,000 crore Jagdishpur-Haldia gas pipeline Read more
- Promoters shelve plans for India's third electricity exchange Read more
- Unesco for halting projects along Great Barrier Reef Read more
- First coal block e-auction earns Rs 1 lakh cr for states Read more
- Jaypee seeks to allay cash flow fears after power plants' sale Read more
- Soon, app-based survey to map renewable energy installations in Kerala Read more