Coal News We love to talk!
Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal has directed state-owned CIL and its subsidiaries to submit an immediate action plan to augment their output by 150 million tonnes (MT) within a year.
"Minister of State for Coal...directed CIL and its subsidiaries to submit an immediate action plan for enhancement of coal production by 150 million tonnes within one year .i.e June 2015," an official source said.
The minister assured all support to Coal India Ltd (CIL) in this regard. He also asked coal companies to draw the demand-supply graphs of coal after taking realistic inputs from the Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
The Minister has asked coal companies to evolve a mechanism for augmentation of production and the requisite quantity and quality to be supplied to the power stations, which has already been set up, the source said.
Coal India's mine planning & consultancy company CMPDIL is of the view that the addition of 150 MT coal production in one year would require additional evacuation facilities.
State-owned CIL, which accounts for over 80 per cent of domestic coal production, achieved an output of 33.1 MT in July, missing its target of 35.80 MT. CIL had missed its output target of 482 million tonnes for 2013-14, producing 462 million tonnes during the period.
Production fell short of target because of various reasons, including lack of environment clearance to coal mining projects. In 2012-13, the company produced 452.5 million tonnes of coal, falling short of the 464 MT target.
Coal India's production target for 2014-15 has been set at 507 MT, while the offtake target is 520 MT.
- NHPC Commercial operations begin at unit 3 of Teesta low dam hydel project Read more
- Al Ameen Green, Russian company to set up 100 MW solar plant in TN Read more
- Tata Power commissions Bhutan unit Read more
- Coal production rebounds on winter power demand Read more
- JSERC hears Tata Power's petition on revised additional revenue requirement Read more
- NTPC to build Indias biggest power plant in joint venture with Jharkhand state utility Read more
- ONGC to get Ratna back after 20 years Read more
- 'GAIL (India) working on renegotiating LNG supply deals Read more
- JERC approves ED-Puducherry to sign PPA of 67MW with Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Read more
- Are CERC verdicts actually a watershed? Read more