Power News We love to talk!
Tata Solar to supply 1 lakh solar panels for Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission project in Rajasthan
Tata Power Solar (TPS) today said it will supply 1 lakh domestically manufactured solar panels to ACME's 20 MW Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) project in Rajasthan.
TPS has won one of the largest DCR orders of JNNSM phase-2 batch-1. The company will supply the entire module requirement for the 20 MW (AC) project to be built by ACME Solar, a leading solar power developer in India, the company said in a release.
It said the 1,00,000 modules, constituting 60,00,000 cells, needed for the project will be manufactured at TPS' state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bangalore.
Stating that ACME Solar, during the JNNSM bidding last year, won projects totalling 100 MW, TPS said of this, 20 MW, under Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) policy of MNRE, needs to be constructed using cells and modules manufactured domestically.
ACME Solar is a three-way joint venture between ACME, EDF Energies Nouvelles (EDF EN), the renewable energy arm of French state-run electricity utility Electricite de France S.A., and Luxembourg-based natural resources saving group EREN, it added.
"We are looking forward to a strategic relationship with ACME and EDF and, in the process, contributing to the success of JNNSM by providing world-class modules at competitive prices," Rahul Budhwar, Vice President - Manufacturing and BusinessDevelopment, Tata Power Solar, said PTI
- Compensatory tariff by CERC for Tata, Adani may cost discoms close to Rs 2,400 crore per annum Read more
- 75 kw rooftop solar power plant at Vikas Bhawan Read more
- City colleges move towards green energy sources Read more
- MERC passes orders for distribution area dispute between MSEDCL and MPECS Read more
- Solar major S&W set for third international order Read more
- UERC rejects PTCULs revised proposals for capital investment Read more
- To power-up PM Narendra Modis Ujjwala Plus scheme to provide free LPG connections, oil companies to float NGO Read more
- Coal India to hire consultant to assess risks to company Read more
- NTPC to take over Rajasthans Chhabra power plant Read more
- Rise in solar cells' production to bring Rs 30,000-crore investment & create 25,000 jobs in India Read more