Power News We love to talk!
Tata Solar to supply 1 lakh solar panels for Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission project in Rajasthan
Tata Power Solar (TPS) today said it will supply 1 lakh domestically manufactured solar panels to ACME's 20 MW Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) project in Rajasthan.
TPS has won one of the largest DCR orders of JNNSM phase-2 batch-1. The company will supply the entire module requirement for the 20 MW (AC) project to be built by ACME Solar, a leading solar power developer in India, the company said in a release.
It said the 1,00,000 modules, constituting 60,00,000 cells, needed for the project will be manufactured at TPS' state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bangalore.
Stating that ACME Solar, during the JNNSM bidding last year, won projects totalling 100 MW, TPS said of this, 20 MW, under Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) policy of MNRE, needs to be constructed using cells and modules manufactured domestically.
ACME Solar is a three-way joint venture between ACME, EDF Energies Nouvelles (EDF EN), the renewable energy arm of French state-run electricity utility Electricite de France S.A., and Luxembourg-based natural resources saving group EREN, it added.
"We are looking forward to a strategic relationship with ACME and EDF and, in the process, contributing to the success of JNNSM by providing world-class modules at competitive prices," Rahul Budhwar, Vice President - Manufacturing and BusinessDevelopment, Tata Power Solar, said PTI
- Gas: Nothing in the pipeline Read more
- Renewable energyIndias sunrise sector Read more
- Wind association asks players not to bid too low Read more
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more
- New land bill will create hurdles for solar vision: Sanjiv Goenka Read more
- With 4 years to go, only 6 per cent of solar rooftop capacity target met Read more
- Power projects in a price maze Read more
- Adani Group may buy Jindal Power; valuation likely at Rs 18,000-20,000 crore, inclusive of debt Read more
- Jakson Group to invest Rs 700 crore to set up new solar power plant Read more
- Already facing water scarcity, Gujarat will now battle power crisis Read more