Power News We love to talk!
Tata Solar to supply 1 lakh solar panels for Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission project in Rajasthan
Tata Power Solar (TPS) today said it will supply 1 lakh domestically manufactured solar panels to ACME's 20 MW Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) project in Rajasthan.
TPS has won one of the largest DCR orders of JNNSM phase-2 batch-1. The company will supply the entire module requirement for the 20 MW (AC) project to be built by ACME Solar, a leading solar power developer in India, the company said in a release.
It said the 1,00,000 modules, constituting 60,00,000 cells, needed for the project will be manufactured at TPS' state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bangalore.
Stating that ACME Solar, during the JNNSM bidding last year, won projects totalling 100 MW, TPS said of this, 20 MW, under Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) policy of MNRE, needs to be constructed using cells and modules manufactured domestically.
ACME Solar is a three-way joint venture between ACME, EDF Energies Nouvelles (EDF EN), the renewable energy arm of French state-run electricity utility Electricite de France S.A., and Luxembourg-based natural resources saving group EREN, it added.
"We are looking forward to a strategic relationship with ACME and EDF and, in the process, contributing to the success of JNNSM by providing world-class modules at competitive prices," Rahul Budhwar, Vice President - Manufacturing and BusinessDevelopment, Tata Power Solar, said PTI
- Suzlon sees wind energy auctions squeezing margins as market grows Read more
- Trade unions stick to Sept 2 strike, reject govts wage hike Read more
- Tripura can become a gateway to the East: Manik Sarkar Read more
- India, France to co-host International Solar Alliance Summit in March Read more
- UP becomes lab for green energy firms looking to tap rural market Read more
- Import levy could push solar projects into litigation: MNRE Read more
- AP power crisis: No headway in talks Read more
- Progress made in increasing energy efficiency: IEA report Read more
- Govt to grade solar rooftop equipment Read more
- TATA, Adani among prospective bidders Read more