Power News We love to talk!
Tata Solar to supply 1 lakh solar panels for Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission project in Rajasthan
Tata Power Solar (TPS) today said it will supply 1 lakh domestically manufactured solar panels to ACME's 20 MW Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) project in Rajasthan.
TPS has won one of the largest DCR orders of JNNSM phase-2 batch-1. The company will supply the entire module requirement for the 20 MW (AC) project to be built by ACME Solar, a leading solar power developer in India, the company said in a release.
It said the 1,00,000 modules, constituting 60,00,000 cells, needed for the project will be manufactured at TPS' state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bangalore.
Stating that ACME Solar, during the JNNSM bidding last year, won projects totalling 100 MW, TPS said of this, 20 MW, under Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) policy of MNRE, needs to be constructed using cells and modules manufactured domestically.
ACME Solar is a three-way joint venture between ACME, EDF Energies Nouvelles (EDF EN), the renewable energy arm of French state-run electricity utility Electricite de France S.A., and Luxembourg-based natural resources saving group EREN, it added.
"We are looking forward to a strategic relationship with ACME and EDF and, in the process, contributing to the success of JNNSM by providing world-class modules at competitive prices," Rahul Budhwar, Vice President - Manufacturing and BusinessDevelopment, Tata Power Solar, said PTI
- Government bats for revising RPO target to 10% by 2022 Read more
- Solar installation to touch 10 Gigawatt as module prices fall further: Mercom Read more
- NTPCs Director AK Jha appointed as interim CMD as incumbent Arup Roy Choudhury steps down Read more
- Tata Power may launch IPO or rope in partner for renewable biz Read more
- Pipeline blast: Inaction on major issues irks villagers Read more
- Lanco Kondapalli gets relief from APTEL Read more
- AERC issues distribution tariff order for APDCL for 2015-16 Read more
- Fiji partners TERI for help in tackling climate change, achieve sustainability Read more
- Government asks banks to commit loans for clean energy Read more
- Indias Sterlite Power does a first in Brazil, secures 2 projects; total investment seen at $200 mn Read more