Power News We love to talk!
The Andhra Pradesh government has sought Centre's intervention in completing the power grid connectivity project on a priority basis and enable the State to utilise the stranded gas based power of 7000 MW.
These and other power related issues were raised by the Information Technology and Information and Public Relations Minister Palle Raghunath Reddy at a conference of the State Power Ministers at New Delhi on Tuesday.
He was deputising for Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu who could not make it, according to a press release.
Mr. Reddy said in the absence of transmission corridor between new and the southern region grid, the A.P. government was unable to meet the energy demand. He wanted the Centre to ask the Power Grid Corporation of India to complete the work of grid connectivity and extended the State government's support in resolving issues like land.
Similarly, he appealed to the Centre to resolve issues relating to utilisation of stranded gas capacity by involving various Ministries, states and stake holders in national interest.
He assured the government's cooperation to any initiative taken by the Centre on gas pooling.
Another demand highlighted by the Minister was on coal supply.
He wanted the Centre to intervene and ensure that the `materialisation' of coal from Mahanadi Coalfields to AP GENCO station at Vijayawada is raised from 54 percent at present to 80 per cent. The Centre should also step in to see that the APGENCO's 11 million tonne of washery at Talcher is made operational and two lakh tonnes of coal is supplied on ad hoc basis for pre-commissioning activity of Krishnapatnam unit of 800 MW.
Mr. Raghunath Reddy reiterated the A.P. Government's resolve to promote renewable energy and recalled that the State has already identified around 12,500 acres of land for setting up of two ultra mega solar parks with installed capacity of 2500 MW in Anantapur, Kurnool and Kadapa.
He also sought unallocated power from Central generating stations and 85 per cent of power from NTPC station proposed at Pudimadaka in Visakhapatnam.\\
- In Pune, CME to set up solar panels to generate 5 MW electricity Read more
- SBI Caps, 5 others in race for consultancy for coal block bids Read more
- Tangedco sets record in sale of wind power to other states Read more
- CIAL moots new design for canal-top solar project Read more
- India banks to plan resolving $19 billion power sector debt on Thursday Read more
- Power generation at Kudankulam n-plant begins Read more
- Cairn Indias production declines 7 per cent in 2016-17 Read more
- Sasan Power got `undue favours' from Environment Ministry: CAG Read more
- Shortage of coal continues to hit power generation Read more
- Uttar Pradesh power corporation's collections up owing to demonetisation Read more