Power News We love to talk!
The Andhra Pradesh government has sought Centre's intervention in completing the power grid connectivity project on a priority basis and enable the State to utilise the stranded gas based power of 7000 MW.
These and other power related issues were raised by the Information Technology and Information and Public Relations Minister Palle Raghunath Reddy at a conference of the State Power Ministers at New Delhi on Tuesday.
He was deputising for Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu who could not make it, according to a press release.
Mr. Reddy said in the absence of transmission corridor between new and the southern region grid, the A.P. government was unable to meet the energy demand. He wanted the Centre to ask the Power Grid Corporation of India to complete the work of grid connectivity and extended the State government's support in resolving issues like land.
Similarly, he appealed to the Centre to resolve issues relating to utilisation of stranded gas capacity by involving various Ministries, states and stake holders in national interest.
He assured the government's cooperation to any initiative taken by the Centre on gas pooling.
Another demand highlighted by the Minister was on coal supply.
He wanted the Centre to intervene and ensure that the `materialisation' of coal from Mahanadi Coalfields to AP GENCO station at Vijayawada is raised from 54 percent at present to 80 per cent. The Centre should also step in to see that the APGENCO's 11 million tonne of washery at Talcher is made operational and two lakh tonnes of coal is supplied on ad hoc basis for pre-commissioning activity of Krishnapatnam unit of 800 MW.
Mr. Raghunath Reddy reiterated the A.P. Government's resolve to promote renewable energy and recalled that the State has already identified around 12,500 acres of land for setting up of two ultra mega solar parks with installed capacity of 2500 MW in Anantapur, Kurnool and Kadapa.
He also sought unallocated power from Central generating stations and 85 per cent of power from NTPC station proposed at Pudimadaka in Visakhapatnam.\\
- Coal auction: further probe into Jindal Power bid likely Read more
- IOC to import gasoline to end-year - sources Read more
- JSW Energy eyes solar rooftop, energy storage Read more
- Consumers to get prior info on power outages Read more
- Cabinet nod for setting up power transmission system in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Delhi gencos supply power to discom at Rs 7.12 per unit Read more
- Tariff hike should be last resort: Scindia Read more
- Energy cooperation: South Asian nations to meet soon, says Bangladesh FinMin Read more
- NTPC profit plunges 25% in Q4 on investment impairment in Ratnagiri Gas Read more
- Delhi Metro first to become 100 percent 'green' Read more