Power News We love to talk!
The Union Power Ministry and Andhra Pradesh Government are poised to enter into an agreement later during the week under the Power for All Scheme coinciding with 100 days of N Chandrababu Naidu assuming office as Chief minister.
Andhra Pradesh is among the few States chosen under the Power for All Scheme. The scheme seeks to provide 24x7 power supply across a State. The Chief Minister had earlier announced that from October 2 the State would have round-the-clock power.
The State Government has also initiated a series of steps to augment additional power. This includes development of about 9000 MW through renewable energy sector by 2018-19, with NTPC agreeing to develop a 1000-MW solar park in Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh.
Arup Roy Choudhary, MD of NTPC, and Rajendra Nimje, MD of Solar energy Corporation of India Ltd, are expected to be here in Hyderabad during the signing of the memorandum for development of new projects in the State.
NTPC has also revived its plans to develop a 4000-MW power project, its first such ultra mega power project at Pudimadaka near Visakhapatnam. While the State Government has agreed to allot land, fuel linkage is still a big issue.
An agreement is being worked out with Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd and New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (NREDCAP) for a 2500-MW solar power park in the State.
According to Ajay Jain, State Energy Secretary, 1,200 acres of land at Pudimadaka have been handed over to NTPC, which has the 4000-MW project in pipeline.
- Will environment be an election issue in UP this poll season? Read more
- Solar Energy Corporation of India to be renamed Read more
- Madhya Pradesh cracks whip, cancels solar PPAs signed with Canadian firms India unit Sky Power Solar Read more
- NTPC threatens cutting off Delhis power supply, Reliance discoms say financially stressed Read more
- TANGEDCO gets bids for 300 MW of solar power Read more
- BHEL starts execution of Rs 20,400 crore Yadadri thermal power plant in Telangana Read more
- Debt-laden solar developer SunEdison to shift from total equity ownership model of solar farm development Read more
- Canals to harness 1,000 Mw green energy in Punjab Read more
- Energy efficiency: State to send a team to Delhi for funds Read more
- ONGC Videsh close to winning $5-billion Farzab-B gas field rights Read more