Power News We love to talk!
The Union Power Ministry and Andhra Pradesh Government are poised to enter into an agreement later during the week under the Power for All Scheme coinciding with 100 days of N Chandrababu Naidu assuming office as Chief minister.
Andhra Pradesh is among the few States chosen under the Power for All Scheme. The scheme seeks to provide 24x7 power supply across a State. The Chief Minister had earlier announced that from October 2 the State would have round-the-clock power.
The State Government has also initiated a series of steps to augment additional power. This includes development of about 9000 MW through renewable energy sector by 2018-19, with NTPC agreeing to develop a 1000-MW solar park in Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh.
Arup Roy Choudhary, MD of NTPC, and Rajendra Nimje, MD of Solar energy Corporation of India Ltd, are expected to be here in Hyderabad during the signing of the memorandum for development of new projects in the State.
NTPC has also revived its plans to develop a 4000-MW power project, its first such ultra mega power project at Pudimadaka near Visakhapatnam. While the State Government has agreed to allot land, fuel linkage is still a big issue.
An agreement is being worked out with Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd and New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (NREDCAP) for a 2500-MW solar power park in the State.
According to Ajay Jain, State Energy Secretary, 1,200 acres of land at Pudimadaka have been handed over to NTPC, which has the 4000-MW project in pipeline.
- Oil minister, top govt officials to conduct pan-India energy survey Read more
- Regulatory uncertainty for REC-based projects continue, pending APTELs final order: ICRA Read more
- ONGC privatisation: Death by a thousand cuts? What Centre really must look at Read more
- Why are we biased about nuclear power? Read more
- Oil Ministry to launch second round of small field auction in 2017-18 Read more
- Suzlon Energy set to sell stake in 130 Megawatt projects before March Read more
- Power sharing discussions begin in Kochi Corporation Read more
- Report sought from TS for its inclusion in power for all scheme Read more
- Tamil Nadu's electricity demand to touch 91,642 million in 2014-15 Read more
- Gas distribution bids for seven cities to be cleared soon Read more