Power News We love to talk!
State-run engineering and power equipment enterprise Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on Tuesday assured the Uttar Pradesh government of meeting timelines on the various thermal power projects in the state.
BHEL is currently working on commissioning several Greenfield projects apart from the repair of existing units. BHEL Chairman and Managing Director B P Rao met state Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan here to discuss such projects.
The Navratna enterprise is working on commissioning unit one and two of Anpara D project (2X500 MW) before April and June 2015, respectively.Besides, it has undertaken repairing of several units of Obra and Harduaganj thermal power projects. Two units of these projects are likely to be ready by November 2014.
Two other units of Obra would be completed by May and August 2015, respectively, Rao said.
BHEL would assist Uttar Pradesh state power generation utility, Utpadan Nigam, in improving the performance of four units of 250 Mw each, commissioned in the last two years in Harduaganj and Parichha.
Utpadan Nigam and BHEL have agreed to iron out outstanding issues related to payments and work progress so that projects are completed according to stipulated schedule.
On Monday, Jaypee Group paid Rs 589 crore to BHEL against dues related to the 3X660 megawatts Bara thermal power project in Allahabad. Jaypee venture Prayagraj Power Generation Co is completing the project.
In fact, BHEL had stopped work on the project over pending payments. Rao said the company would restart the work after issuing revised project and cost schedules.
BHEL has further promised to complete unit of the 3X660 mw Lalitpur thermal power project by March 2015, but sought timely payments from the government.
UP is trying to augment its power generation capacity manifold to tide over yawning power availability and supply gap.
- Tamil Nadu farmers move Madras HC against Uppoor power project Read more
- CERC revises annual fixed charges for Torrents SUGEN TPP for 2009-14 Read more
- GAIL may get Rs 400-cr boost after hike in KG pipeline tariff Read more
- New norms for short-term power buying Read more
- Acquisition of land for Kovvada plant will continue Read more
- NTPC plans to acquire 1,000 MW hydropower projects Read more
- Bengaluru-Mandya electric train services likely this month Read more
- Odisha demands grants for Pump Storage Projects from NCEF Read more
- Renewable energy projects in limbo for want of funds Read more
- Andhra Pradesh to get 65 MW additional power from CGS Read more