Power News We love to talk!
State-run engineering and power equipment enterprise Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on Tuesday assured the Uttar Pradesh government of meeting timelines on the various thermal power projects in the state.
BHEL is currently working on commissioning several Greenfield projects apart from the repair of existing units. BHEL Chairman and Managing Director B P Rao met state Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan here to discuss such projects.
The Navratna enterprise is working on commissioning unit one and two of Anpara D project (2X500 MW) before April and June 2015, respectively.Besides, it has undertaken repairing of several units of Obra and Harduaganj thermal power projects. Two units of these projects are likely to be ready by November 2014.
Two other units of Obra would be completed by May and August 2015, respectively, Rao said.
BHEL would assist Uttar Pradesh state power generation utility, Utpadan Nigam, in improving the performance of four units of 250 Mw each, commissioned in the last two years in Harduaganj and Parichha.
Utpadan Nigam and BHEL have agreed to iron out outstanding issues related to payments and work progress so that projects are completed according to stipulated schedule.
On Monday, Jaypee Group paid Rs 589 crore to BHEL against dues related to the 3X660 megawatts Bara thermal power project in Allahabad. Jaypee venture Prayagraj Power Generation Co is completing the project.
In fact, BHEL had stopped work on the project over pending payments. Rao said the company would restart the work after issuing revised project and cost schedules.
BHEL has further promised to complete unit of the 3X660 mw Lalitpur thermal power project by March 2015, but sought timely payments from the government.
UP is trying to augment its power generation capacity manifold to tide over yawning power availability and supply gap.
- Renewable energy is more economically and ecologically sustainable than nuclear alternative; lets go green! Read more
- GVK plant served buy-out notice, asked to supply power to AP Read more
- Steps suggested to further boost roof-top solar energy Read more
- Engineers demand blueprint for 24-hr power supply in UP Read more
- UDAY hinges on structuring of discom debt takeover Read more
- AIIB grants $ 160 million for Andhra Pradesh power project Read more
- Budget for power exposes chinks in energy policy ? Read more
- No power tariff hike in Odisha Read more
- Vested interests, foreign NGOs spreading falsehood: Tata Power Read more
- Suzlon likely to bag 250 MW order from Sembcorp Read more