Coal News We love to talk!
An inter-ministerial panel will review the status of existing coal linkages to the power sector.
"The meeting of the Standing Linkage Committee (SLC) (Long-Term) for power to review the status of existing coal linkages/LoAs and other related matters will be held on September 22," according to a Coal Ministry memorandum.
It, however, said that the agenda of the meeting will be intimated in due course.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced in the Budget 2014-15 that adequate quantity of coal will be provided to power plants that are already commissioned or would be commissioned by March 2015, to unlock dead investments.
The Power Ministry has also moved a draft Cabinet note to ensure coal linkages for power projects which are already commissioned or are likely to be commissioned by March.
The Power Ministry has sought suggestions from various ministries, including coal, finance, law and environment on its draft note that seeks to ensure coal supplies for the thermal power plants, a source close to the development had said earlier.
The source had also said that the approval of the CCEA is also being sought for supply of linkages to the power plants being commissioned after March, 2015 and up to the end of 12th Plan Period, i.e. 2016-17.
These are the power plants which neither have Letter of Assurances nor fuel supply agreements, the source had said.
In June last year, during the CCEA meeting it was decided that state-owned Coal India (CIL), which accounts for over 80 per cent of the domestic coal production, will sign fuel supply agreement for about 78,000 mw capacity for which linkages were earlier granted by way of Letter of Assurance issued by the 'Maharatna' firm.
- No obvious reason to deny coal block to JPL, says Delhi HC Read more
- No April fool joke: Power prices to spike from tomorrow Read more
- Sany group, Andhra sign MoU; to invest Rs 4,000-cr in wind projects Read more
- Coal, renewable, spectrum auctions led to 'winners' curse: Economic Survey 2018 Read more
- Coal, gas and misaligned priorities Read more
- Thiruvananthapuram gears up for shift to CNG fuel mode in 6 months Read more
- TSGENCO refutes violations in Bhadradri project Read more
- Workmen productivity at Coal India doubled in the past decade Read more
- Tangedco bought locally-generatedpower at a premium: CAG Read more
- OVL's Sarraf named ONGC chairman Read more