Power News We love to talk!
A trip to Chennai last week seems to have impressed Hollywood superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has written to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking the State's cooperation in his initiative to fight climate change.
In his letter, the former California Governor said he was touched by the work she was doing for women and children. "The all-women police stations are such a brilliant idea I am surprised I haven't heard [about] it before," he said.
Mr. Schwarzenegger said he also loved the fact that Tamil Nadu had embraced renewable energy, supplying 39 per cent of the wind energy for India.
Talking about his organisation, `R20: Regions of Climatic Action' that works with sub-national governments across the world to promote clean energy, he said 560 cities and states had already joined the effort. "I think that Tamil Nadu would be a perfect partner," he said.
- Power Minister Piyush Goyal defends not imposing anti-dumping duty on solar panel Read more
- CII for market-linked gas pricing Read more
- CM seeks Rs. 17,000 crore for underground power lines Read more
- Ethanol use can reduce India's fuel imports, says Prime Minister Modi Read more
- Adani Enterprises plans ship-fuelling business expansion Read more
- US urged to drop India WTO case on solar Read more
- Petrol pumps unable to exploit oil companies with daily rates Read more
- Essel Infraprojects appoints Investec to find buyer for its solar power business Read more
- Solar installations almost trebled in 2015-16 Read more
- Reliance Infras project gets CERCs final tariff approval Read more