Power News We love to talk!
A trip to Chennai last week seems to have impressed Hollywood superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has written to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking the State's cooperation in his initiative to fight climate change.
In his letter, the former California Governor said he was touched by the work she was doing for women and children. "The all-women police stations are such a brilliant idea I am surprised I haven't heard [about] it before," he said.
Mr. Schwarzenegger said he also loved the fact that Tamil Nadu had embraced renewable energy, supplying 39 per cent of the wind energy for India.
Talking about his organisation, `R20: Regions of Climatic Action' that works with sub-national governments across the world to promote clean energy, he said 560 cities and states had already joined the effort. "I think that Tamil Nadu would be a perfect partner," he said.
- Coal-based power generation to get cheaper Read more
- OPG Power to invest Rs 3k cr in Tamil Nadu, Gujarat Read more
- Looking for reform success, Modi readies rescue plan Read more
- Indus hydropower projects being built despite Pakistan's objections: Govt Read more
- Wind, solar will be cheapest power source in G20 countries by 2030, says Greenpeace study Read more
- India keen on developing coal fields, ore mines in Russia Read more
- Cabinet to consider sale of stake in Indian Oil: Read more
- RK Malhotra given additional charge as Chairman of IOC Read more
- NTPC bond issue over-subscribed 2.5 times Read more
- Budget 2018: Govt cuts excise duty on diesel, petrol prices Read more