Power News We love to talk!
A trip to Chennai last week seems to have impressed Hollywood superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has written to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking the State's cooperation in his initiative to fight climate change.
In his letter, the former California Governor said he was touched by the work she was doing for women and children. "The all-women police stations are such a brilliant idea I am surprised I haven't heard [about] it before," he said.
Mr. Schwarzenegger said he also loved the fact that Tamil Nadu had embraced renewable energy, supplying 39 per cent of the wind energy for India.
Talking about his organisation, `R20: Regions of Climatic Action' that works with sub-national governments across the world to promote clean energy, he said 560 cities and states had already joined the effort. "I think that Tamil Nadu would be a perfect partner," he said.
- US companies pledge to build 20 GW of renewable energy in India Read more
- Petrol at Rs 73.95 a litre in Delhi, highest since September 2013 Read more
- ADB inks loans agreements worth $574 mn for various projects in India Read more
- DoD plans SAIL stake sale in Sept; ONGC, power companies to follow Read more
- No green light for Indias electric dreams Read more
- Mytrah Energy signs PPA for 300 MW wind power with SECI in Tamil Nadu Read more
- ReNew Power to buy wind power business of KC Thapar Group for Rs 1,000 crore Read more
- Marginal rise in wind tariffs in latest 2,000 Megawatt SECI auction Read more
- Acid Leak: State Government told to respond to Sterlites plea for power access by Monday Read more
- EAPL launches e-rickshaw awareness campaign Read more