Power News We love to talk!
The first set of girders for the 800 MW Design Rating Super Critical Boiler for National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)-Gadarwara STPP was flagged off from M/s Five Star Industries, Mathur, recently.
A.V.Krishnan, Executive Director, Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) flagged off the girders. A.R.Syed Arif, Managing Partner, Five Star Industries, Raja Manohar, General Manager, Outsourcing, BHEL, and Mathivanan, General Manager, Quality Control, BHEL, were present.
The girder sets were manufactured by subcontractors of BHEL, M/s Five Star Industries, a leading firm specialising in manufacturing such girders.
Ceiling girders, as the name suggests, are placed on the top of columns of the boiler structure at a height of 105 metres.
This is the first 800 MW design boiler component supplied by the BHEL to NTPC, a company release said.
- Odd-even system in Tripura to distribute fuel Read more
- Wind sector gasps, seeks breather through extension of sops Read more
- NTPC cancels Barh deal with Russia's TPE, encashes guarantees Read more
- Tax gain, fuel cost power NTPC net 40% Read more
- Toshiba Transmission bags Power Grid, Odisha Power orders Read more
- Suzlon powers ahead on Canadian order Read more
- CERC dismisses petition for tariff revision of Tehri HPP Stage-I as matter becomes infructuous Read more
- Coal mine allotment: PSUs file 316 applications for 17 blocks Read more
- Centre working on policy, legislation to drive energy efficiency: Somaiya Read more
- Power engineers stage dharna at KTPS Read more