Power News We love to talk!
The first set of girders for the 800 MW Design Rating Super Critical Boiler for National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)-Gadarwara STPP was flagged off from M/s Five Star Industries, Mathur, recently.
A.V.Krishnan, Executive Director, Bharath Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) flagged off the girders. A.R.Syed Arif, Managing Partner, Five Star Industries, Raja Manohar, General Manager, Outsourcing, BHEL, and Mathivanan, General Manager, Quality Control, BHEL, were present.
The girder sets were manufactured by subcontractors of BHEL, M/s Five Star Industries, a leading firm specialising in manufacturing such girders.
Ceiling girders, as the name suggests, are placed on the top of columns of the boiler structure at a height of 105 metres.
This is the first 800 MW design boiler component supplied by the BHEL to NTPC, a company release said.
- NTPC extends bid date for Andaman solar plants to August 24 on poor response Read more
- PNB gets ADBs first tranche for solar rooftop fund of $100 million Read more
- Coal India yet to sign fuel supply pacts for 2,560 MW Read more
- India has 80 million tonne of coal stocks at power plants and mines Read more
- Alstom T&D bags smart grid project in Himachal Pradesh Read more
- Maharashtra govt will take up pilot project of separate solar feeders Read more
- Gas pricing FIR liable to be quashed: Reliance Industries tells HC Read more
- Coastal UMPPs should supply at competitively bid tariff: Power Min Read more
- Tangedcos SMS alert scheme for power cuts on track Read more
- PPA with NTPC raises questions of tariff overload Read more