Power News We love to talk!
TRS State secretary Chada Kishan Reddy said the Andhra Pradesh government is denying due share to Telangana in power generation from VTPS (Vijayawada Thermal Power Station), RTPP (Rayalaseema Thermal Power Station) Sileru Hydro Power and Krishnapatnam project - though they were constructed in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
"A major share of funds invested in these projects belong to Telangana people," he said.
Speaking to news reporters here on Sunday, he said coal being supplied to VTPS and RTPP was from Singerani mines, but the same region is denied power supply from these projects.
He further said that the successive rulers from Andhra Pradesh constructed all the projects in their area, cheating the Telangana people. Objecting to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu's statement that Telangana Chief Minister, K. Chandrasekhar Rao woke up a bit late to power crisis, Mr. Reddy wanted him to explain how Andhra Pradesh is generating 6000 MW power while Telangana is generating 4000 MW, though the latter has many resources.
He also lashed out at the Telangana TDP leaders for launching a bus yatra in Telangana at the behest of Mr. Naidu.
He said that Telangana people would certainly teach a fitting lesson to them soon.
- In a first for Indian warships, solar power lights up INS Sarvekshak Read more
- Cambay oil field faces closure as GSPC-Oilex joint venture turns sour Read more
- Coal India's new pricing policy to cut power generation cost Read more
- Tata Power builds its case on Sasan UMPP Read more
- CERC approves final tariff of Tehri HPP Stage-I for April 2009-March 2014 Read more
- CERC determines the tariff for DADRI Gas Power Station (829.78 MW) from 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2019 Read more
- Solar capacity addition target will be met: Goyal Read more
- L&Ts power arm bags orders worth Rs 1,400 cr Read more
- Power generation stopped in Kudankulam unit-2 due to snag Read more
- Tata Power: In search of a presence abroad Read more