Power News We love to talk!
TRS State secretary Chada Kishan Reddy said the Andhra Pradesh government is denying due share to Telangana in power generation from VTPS (Vijayawada Thermal Power Station), RTPP (Rayalaseema Thermal Power Station) Sileru Hydro Power and Krishnapatnam project - though they were constructed in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
"A major share of funds invested in these projects belong to Telangana people," he said.
Speaking to news reporters here on Sunday, he said coal being supplied to VTPS and RTPP was from Singerani mines, but the same region is denied power supply from these projects.
He further said that the successive rulers from Andhra Pradesh constructed all the projects in their area, cheating the Telangana people. Objecting to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu's statement that Telangana Chief Minister, K. Chandrasekhar Rao woke up a bit late to power crisis, Mr. Reddy wanted him to explain how Andhra Pradesh is generating 6000 MW power while Telangana is generating 4000 MW, though the latter has many resources.
He also lashed out at the Telangana TDP leaders for launching a bus yatra in Telangana at the behest of Mr. Naidu.
He said that Telangana people would certainly teach a fitting lesson to them soon.
- Coal Ministry may issue notices to 58 firms this week Read more
- World energy investment down 8 per cent in 2015 despite gains on clean energy Read more
- Global corporate funding in solar sector falls 64 per cent in 2016 Read more
- Coal auction: Power firms face huge under recovery in fuel costq Read more
- Lanco Infra in advanced parleys for stake sale Read more
- Power projects worth Rs 36,000 crore stranded on coal shortages Read more
- FII gains evaporate as dollar turns too hot for rupee Read more
- Power Ministry seeks applications for state-owned NTPC CMD post Read more
- ABB to acquire US co Power-One for over $1 billion Read more
- Central Coalfields posts record output in 2015-16 Read more