Power News We love to talk!
TRS State secretary Chada Kishan Reddy said the Andhra Pradesh government is denying due share to Telangana in power generation from VTPS (Vijayawada Thermal Power Station), RTPP (Rayalaseema Thermal Power Station) Sileru Hydro Power and Krishnapatnam project - though they were constructed in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
"A major share of funds invested in these projects belong to Telangana people," he said.
Speaking to news reporters here on Sunday, he said coal being supplied to VTPS and RTPP was from Singerani mines, but the same region is denied power supply from these projects.
He further said that the successive rulers from Andhra Pradesh constructed all the projects in their area, cheating the Telangana people. Objecting to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu's statement that Telangana Chief Minister, K. Chandrasekhar Rao woke up a bit late to power crisis, Mr. Reddy wanted him to explain how Andhra Pradesh is generating 6000 MW power while Telangana is generating 4000 MW, though the latter has many resources.
He also lashed out at the Telangana TDP leaders for launching a bus yatra in Telangana at the behest of Mr. Naidu.
He said that Telangana people would certainly teach a fitting lesson to them soon.
- Nepal nod for Reliance, Satluj to invest billions in cement and hydropower projects Read more
- Competition panel asks Coal India to examine spot e-auction scheme afresh Read more
- Power cuts attributed to maintenance work Read more
- Consolidation is now powering the renewable energy sector Read more
- Nod to power discoms debt recast likely by month-end Read more
- SJVN Limited declares interim dividend of Rs 930.74 crore Read more
- Adani Power posts Rs. 429-cr net loss Read more
- Tata Power implements island system at Haldia to provide uninterrupted power supply Read more
- Western Coalfields lines up Rs 6,280 crore investment by FY20 Read more
- ONGC chief D K Sarraf says no plans to list overseas arm, JVs Read more