Power News We love to talk!
TRS State secretary Chada Kishan Reddy said the Andhra Pradesh government is denying due share to Telangana in power generation from VTPS (Vijayawada Thermal Power Station), RTPP (Rayalaseema Thermal Power Station) Sileru Hydro Power and Krishnapatnam project - though they were constructed in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
"A major share of funds invested in these projects belong to Telangana people," he said.
Speaking to news reporters here on Sunday, he said coal being supplied to VTPS and RTPP was from Singerani mines, but the same region is denied power supply from these projects.
He further said that the successive rulers from Andhra Pradesh constructed all the projects in their area, cheating the Telangana people. Objecting to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu's statement that Telangana Chief Minister, K. Chandrasekhar Rao woke up a bit late to power crisis, Mr. Reddy wanted him to explain how Andhra Pradesh is generating 6000 MW power while Telangana is generating 4000 MW, though the latter has many resources.
He also lashed out at the Telangana TDP leaders for launching a bus yatra in Telangana at the behest of Mr. Naidu.
He said that Telangana people would certainly teach a fitting lesson to them soon.
- CESC demerger process likely after NCLT hearing in March Read more
- Power demand-supply gap narrows in April-August Read more
- NHPC to pick 74% stake in Chhattisgarh power project Read more
- 120 power transmission projects delayed, says report Read more
- Over 14,000 MW hydro power capacity is under execution: Central Electricity Authority Read more
- BHEL commissions captive solar photo voltaic power plant in Trichy Read more
- Special status for power bailout bonds sought Read more
- India looks to sway Americans with nuclear power insurance plan Read more
- Power co seeks funds prior to tariff increase in Maharashtra Read more
- Smart meters to help keep control on electricity bill Read more