Power News We love to talk!
TRS State secretary Chada Kishan Reddy said the Andhra Pradesh government is denying due share to Telangana in power generation from VTPS (Vijayawada Thermal Power Station), RTPP (Rayalaseema Thermal Power Station) Sileru Hydro Power and Krishnapatnam project - though they were constructed in undivided Andhra Pradesh.
"A major share of funds invested in these projects belong to Telangana people," he said.
Speaking to news reporters here on Sunday, he said coal being supplied to VTPS and RTPP was from Singerani mines, but the same region is denied power supply from these projects.
He further said that the successive rulers from Andhra Pradesh constructed all the projects in their area, cheating the Telangana people. Objecting to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu's statement that Telangana Chief Minister, K. Chandrasekhar Rao woke up a bit late to power crisis, Mr. Reddy wanted him to explain how Andhra Pradesh is generating 6000 MW power while Telangana is generating 4000 MW, though the latter has many resources.
He also lashed out at the Telangana TDP leaders for launching a bus yatra in Telangana at the behest of Mr. Naidu.
He said that Telangana people would certainly teach a fitting lesson to them soon.
- 57 coal-based power units identified for upgrade Read more
- BSES urges consumers to switch off for Earth Hour Read more
- China rules India's solar power market; preference for foreign-made panels has firms struggling Read more
- Power cuts in 12 districts under Jaipur electricity discom from yesterday Read more
- Solar power's moment of reckoning arrives Read more
- Wind power capacity to double by 2020: Crisil Read more
- Solar park tenders, power purchase on hold as Rewa bids disrupt market Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Telangana to secure 1,000 MW power supply from Chhattisgarh Read more
- Power firms jostling for bigger market shares Read more