Power News We love to talk!
Tata Power has offered to set up a 1,000 MW thermal power plant in Telangana which will commence commercial production in the next two years.
The offer was made when representatives of Tata group called on Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao at the Secretariat on Friday.
Besides the coal fired power project, Tata also offered its services to add solar power capacity and also establish a decentralised distributed generation system using solar power for rural areas. It will also set up roof top solar units and energy plantation on waste lands for biomass power, Tata Power chief executive officer Anil Kumar Sardana informed Mr. Rao.
Regarding the thermal power plant, Mr. Sardana said it will use domestic or imported fuel on tolling basis and will be run on design, build, finance, own, operate and maintain basis. He added that Tata Power could act as a catalyst to develop amenities for world class smart cities with state of the art facility and services of power infrastructure.
Mr. Rao asked the company to invest Rs. 30,000 to 40,000 crore for an integrated development of Hyderabad to make it a world class smart city.
The delegation included Rahul Shah, Deepankar Tiwari and Madhu Kannan of Tata Sons and Tata Motors.
- Green bonds can potentially fund renewable energy, says CRISIL report Read more
- With coal royalty, Jharkhand becomes revenue surplus state after two years Read more
- NTPC to revisit its core business plan Read more
- ONGC Videsh losing out chance to gobble cheap assets due to crude oil collapse Read more
- Chinese firm inks deal with Adani, to invest $300 million in Gujarat Read more
- Uttarakhand High Court cancels 2 GVK-L&T deals, awards 1 to Reliance Infrastructure Read more
- Amara Raja invests Rs 700 crore in Indias largest battery plant for 2-wheelers in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- Government considers financial relief to restart 16,000 Mw gas-based power plants Read more
- Uttar Pradesh power corporation's collections up owing to demonetisation Read more
- Centre to invite fresh bids for Sundargarh power plant in Odisha Read more