Power News We love to talk!
A unique eco-friendly generator developed by a city based entrepreneur promises to provide an effective solution to the woes of Telangana farmers hit by power crisis.
On Sunday, the Muscle Energy Enviro Mission (MEEM) machine was showcased in the city amidst farmer leaders and public representatives from across the State. The simple machine, developed by Battula Jagadish of Maddox Infrastructure Pvt Ltd, generates power within minutes as a result of the mechanical energy provided by the moving bullocks.
The cost of the equipment is around Rs. 2 lakh and can be installed on a 100 sq. yard piece of land. A pair of bullocks are tied to a yoke connected to the machine and the bullocks turn the machine exactly as in an oil mill. The electricity thus generated can not only provide power for devices like fans and lights but can also run a 5 HP motor.
According to Mr. Jagadish, to run a 5 HP motor 3.73 units per hour is required and with MEEM machine, a farmer can generate 9.33 units per hour. "The farmer, here, is generating a surplus power of 5.60 units per hour after his farming requirement and it can be encashed by activating the net metering scheme," said Mr. Jagadish, "In large power projects, profits go to the entrepreneurs who establish the project and sell the surplus to industrial sector. This causes a reverse flow of money to rural sector."
Mr. Jagadish, speaking at the three-day programme at exhibition grounds, said that this machine would also help provide an important and rightful place to livestock in the rural agriculture sector. "We will strive to get a subsidy for this initiative so that it could be affordable to the farmers, said Mr. Jagadish.
The entrepreneur now plans to demonstrate his invention in every district of Telangana by involving farming communities as well as the local administration.City-based entrepreneur develops eco-friendly generator which promises solution to farmers hit by power crisis
- Renewable energy sector looking for clarity on policy this budget: CLP India Read more
- KERC dismisses petition filed by Kodagu Hydel Projects against KPTCL Read more
- Power play in South Asia to energise India's hold among Saarc countries Read more
- GE Energy Europe makes an open offer to buy 25 per cent stake in Alstom T&D India Read more
- BERC issues order on SBPDCLs petition to review ARR Read more
- Essel Infraprojects Commissions 50 mw Solar Plant in Uttar Pradesh Read more
- NHPC board to consider buyback option on Tuesday Read more
- L&T bags Rs. 300 cr order from Japan Read more
- Power sector unable to utilise full capacity due to poor transmission Read more
- Firms from Finland, South Africa bid record low tariffs of Rs 4.34 per unit for solar power Read more