Power News We love to talk!
A unique eco-friendly generator developed by a city based entrepreneur promises to provide an effective solution to the woes of Telangana farmers hit by power crisis.
On Sunday, the Muscle Energy Enviro Mission (MEEM) machine was showcased in the city amidst farmer leaders and public representatives from across the State. The simple machine, developed by Battula Jagadish of Maddox Infrastructure Pvt Ltd, generates power within minutes as a result of the mechanical energy provided by the moving bullocks.
The cost of the equipment is around Rs. 2 lakh and can be installed on a 100 sq. yard piece of land. A pair of bullocks are tied to a yoke connected to the machine and the bullocks turn the machine exactly as in an oil mill. The electricity thus generated can not only provide power for devices like fans and lights but can also run a 5 HP motor.
According to Mr. Jagadish, to run a 5 HP motor 3.73 units per hour is required and with MEEM machine, a farmer can generate 9.33 units per hour. "The farmer, here, is generating a surplus power of 5.60 units per hour after his farming requirement and it can be encashed by activating the net metering scheme," said Mr. Jagadish, "In large power projects, profits go to the entrepreneurs who establish the project and sell the surplus to industrial sector. This causes a reverse flow of money to rural sector."
Mr. Jagadish, speaking at the three-day programme at exhibition grounds, said that this machine would also help provide an important and rightful place to livestock in the rural agriculture sector. "We will strive to get a subsidy for this initiative so that it could be affordable to the farmers, said Mr. Jagadish.
The entrepreneur now plans to demonstrate his invention in every district of Telangana by involving farming communities as well as the local administration.City-based entrepreneur develops eco-friendly generator which promises solution to farmers hit by power crisis
- Oil prices are global and gas price is regional: Fereidun Fesharaki Read more
- Power crisis looms over Karnataka as dry spell continues Read more
- Jindal Power, JSW Energy among power companies honoured for good performance Read more
- DBTL weeds out 3 crore bogus LPG connections Read more
- Centre committed to support Tamil Nadu on power: Union Minister Piyush Goyal Read more
- UP-owned power units remain shut Read more
- Sterlite Power to raise Rs. 2,650 cr through InvIT; launch on May 17 Read more
- We are not talking of coal asset privatisation: Goyal Read more
- CNG retail licences: PNGRB drops 7 out of 11 cities Read more
- Centre may apply the brakes on direct benefit transfer for kerosene Read more