Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T&D India secures contract from Power Grid Corporation of India
Tripura Power Minister Manik Dey today expressed the hope that and the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) would start work for implementation of the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project within this financial year.
The World Bank and the PGCIL has prepared Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the System Improvement Project for the six North Eastern states.
"The World Bank agreed to provide Rs.8, 150 crore for the six North Eastern states last year, of which Tripura would get a share of Rs 1,364 crore. It is hoped that the work for implementation of the project would start within this year," Dey told PTI.
PGCIL signed agreements with Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura for improving power transmission system, including transmission line and power substations.
A technical team of PGCIL, led by its Additional General Manager, P K Srivastav met the Power minister on Wednesday in presence of the officials of the Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited and discussed implementation of the project in Tripura.
- States to sign select power suppliers through online bidding only Read more
- ReNew Power Ventures raises Rs 500 crore through green bonds Read more
- India to kick off solar programme this month with $330 million aid Read more
- Greenko Group, Hero Future Energies eye Essel Infraprojects solar business Read more
- MNRE releases Guidelines for Development of Solar Park Read more
- Fuel guzzler Read more
- India has makings of becoming clean energy capital: Experts Read more
- BHEL commissions 330 Mw Kishanganga hydro project in J&K Read more
- Need easy solutions to achieve 40 GW solar rooftop capacity target: Report Read more
- Nissan wins license to trade in Japan Electricity Market Read more