Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T&D India secures contract from Power Grid Corporation of India
Tripura Power Minister Manik Dey today expressed the hope that and the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) would start work for implementation of the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project within this financial year.
The World Bank and the PGCIL has prepared Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the System Improvement Project for the six North Eastern states.
"The World Bank agreed to provide Rs.8, 150 crore for the six North Eastern states last year, of which Tripura would get a share of Rs 1,364 crore. It is hoped that the work for implementation of the project would start within this year," Dey told PTI.
PGCIL signed agreements with Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura for improving power transmission system, including transmission line and power substations.
A technical team of PGCIL, led by its Additional General Manager, P K Srivastav met the Power minister on Wednesday in presence of the officials of the Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited and discussed implementation of the project in Tripura.
- HERC disposes of HPGCLs petition for approval of power purchase from Panipat TPS irrespective of merit order Read more
- Narendra Modi to discuss trade, cement energy partnership with UAE Read more
- DERC fixes tariff for TPDDLs Keshavpuram Solar PV Project January 9, 2015 Read more
- After Tatas, Adanis, Essar Power seeks rescue of its loss-making Gujarat plant Read more
- Gujarat CM to launch Ujala Gujarat scheme from Vadodara Read more
- Punjab discom to replace transformers under OYT Read more
- Kerala to get 266 MW power from Kudankulam nuke plant Read more
- PowerGrid to develop transmission line for IPPs Read more
- Power projects may get their very own Aadhaar identity Read more
- CERC fixes transmission charges for assets under NRSSS-XXVII Read more