Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T&D India secures contract from Power Grid Corporation of India
Tripura Power Minister Manik Dey today expressed the hope that and the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) would start work for implementation of the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project within this financial year.
The World Bank and the PGCIL has prepared Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the System Improvement Project for the six North Eastern states.
"The World Bank agreed to provide Rs.8, 150 crore for the six North Eastern states last year, of which Tripura would get a share of Rs 1,364 crore. It is hoped that the work for implementation of the project would start within this year," Dey told PTI.
PGCIL signed agreements with Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura for improving power transmission system, including transmission line and power substations.
A technical team of PGCIL, led by its Additional General Manager, P K Srivastav met the Power minister on Wednesday in presence of the officials of the Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited and discussed implementation of the project in Tripura.
- CERC fixes transmission charges for assets under System Strengthening-XVII in Southern Grid Read more
- Government seeks views on new guidelines for solar projects Read more
- JSPL not in a hurry to sell non-core assets Read more
- Clear dues forthwith or supply will be shut off, NTPC warns Tangedco Read more
- Soon, buy power only when you need it via prepaid meters Read more
- Power utilities get notices for dues to NTECL Read more
- India Oil & Gas: New gas price formula a mixed bag Read more
- LPG for all will prevent air pollution related diseases: Nadda Read more
- ECIL hands over critical nuclear monitoring equipment to JNPT Read more
- NLC revives Jayankondam power project plan Read more