Power News We love to talk!
Alstom T&D India secures contract from Power Grid Corporation of India
Tripura Power Minister Manik Dey today expressed the hope that and the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) would start work for implementation of the North Eastern Region Power System Improvement Project within this financial year.
The World Bank and the PGCIL has prepared Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the System Improvement Project for the six North Eastern states.
"The World Bank agreed to provide Rs.8, 150 crore for the six North Eastern states last year, of which Tripura would get a share of Rs 1,364 crore. It is hoped that the work for implementation of the project would start within this year," Dey told PTI.
PGCIL signed agreements with Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura for improving power transmission system, including transmission line and power substations.
A technical team of PGCIL, led by its Additional General Manager, P K Srivastav met the Power minister on Wednesday in presence of the officials of the Tripura State Electricity Corporation Limited and discussed implementation of the project in Tripura.
- Kerala, Maharashtra, Rajasthan top list in providing uninterrupted power: Urja app Read more
- Adani Group to invest in power, fertilizer plants in Jharkhand Read more
- Cost of power in UP plunges to Rs 3.49/unit Read more
- Numaligarh Refinery's exhibition to highlight government achievements Read more
- NTPC to start coal mining from Jharkhand block by March Read more
- Gujarat NRE Coke seeks NCLT nod for asset sale Read more
- ABB commissions 3 sub-stations for PowerGrid Read more
- Power: Incentives, better cost recovery aid earnings Read more
- Bidding for 67 discovered oil & gas fields extended till November 30 Read more
- SC gives Centre 3 months to conduct feasibility study on six hydel projects Read more