Power News We love to talk!
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday declared that eastern States, including Bihar, would be self-reliant in power soon.
He also announced that farmers of the country would get uninterrupted electricity supply through `dedicated feeders' in next two years. The scheme would be launched under the Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojna which was successful in Gujarat.
"We've clear cut instruction from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to extend all help to eastern States including Bihar to make them self-reliant in power sector. The government is paying special attention to power-starved eastern States," said Mr. Goyal.
- Electricity trading to undergo transformation: PTC Read more
- Telangana ready to buy power from RGPPL at Rs 5.50/unit Read more
- Oilmins gas pricing model hits North Block roadblock Read more
- APERC Tariff for the Wind & Industrial Waste Power projects Read more
- Bajaj Power Ventures appoints former NTPC chief as MD Read more
- India's debt-laden power retailers seen scaring off global investors Read more
- Progress made on UDAY has luster Read more
- No immediate plan to remove subsidy on LPG: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Fuel supply pacts Read more
- Okkoota opposes expansion of thermal plant in Udupi Read more