Power News We love to talk!
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday declared that eastern States, including Bihar, would be self-reliant in power soon.
He also announced that farmers of the country would get uninterrupted electricity supply through `dedicated feeders' in next two years. The scheme would be launched under the Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojna which was successful in Gujarat.
"We've clear cut instruction from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to extend all help to eastern States including Bihar to make them self-reliant in power sector. The government is paying special attention to power-starved eastern States," said Mr. Goyal.
- MERC goes with MSEDCL in a case related to refusal of open access for exchange based purchase Read more
- Solar power tariff touches new low of Rs 5.05 Read more
- Govt withdraws Jamkhani mine from coal block auction Read more
- Panel of third party samplers of coal constituted Read more
- More power to Modi! Indias power sector showed massive improvement in NDA-era; see chart Read more
- Auctions helped bring down solar project costs, says study Read more
- Power tariff hike likely in Delhi Read more
- Tripura to sell more power to Bangladesh, says power minister Manik Dey Read more
- Coal-based power generation to get cheaper Read more
- India to start building ultra supercritical thermal plant in 2019 Read more