Power News We love to talk!
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday declared that eastern States, including Bihar, would be self-reliant in power soon.
He also announced that farmers of the country would get uninterrupted electricity supply through `dedicated feeders' in next two years. The scheme would be launched under the Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojna which was successful in Gujarat.
"We've clear cut instruction from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to extend all help to eastern States including Bihar to make them self-reliant in power sector. The government is paying special attention to power-starved eastern States," said Mr. Goyal.
- Power projects to get coal from CIL till auctions are over Read more
- 18 power plants to get Rs 1.7K crore subsidy to buy imported gas Read more
- Delhi HC seeks govts response on Reliance Powers plea to mine coal beyond approved cap Read more
- Prefer to source domestic equipment: Azure Power Read more
- BSES discoms to clear NTPC dues by September Read more
- Trading licence of Essar Electric Power Development Corporation Limited (EEPDCL) upgraded from Category-III to Category-II Read more
- Solar dome to create awareness about solar energy Read more
- Give public notice before revising RPO targets: Electricity tribunal to GERC Read more
- Revival of 2,700 Mw of stranded gas-power capacity in AP on cards Read more
- Cabinet may take up power distribution firms' burgeoning debt issue tomorrow Read more