Power News We love to talk!
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday declared that eastern States, including Bihar, would be self-reliant in power soon.
He also announced that farmers of the country would get uninterrupted electricity supply through `dedicated feeders' in next two years. The scheme would be launched under the Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojna which was successful in Gujarat.
"We've clear cut instruction from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to extend all help to eastern States including Bihar to make them self-reliant in power sector. The government is paying special attention to power-starved eastern States," said Mr. Goyal.
- Odisha not to buy costly power from NTPC Read more
- New restructuring package for state discoms a positive: Fitch Read more
- Solar scam probe report findings still not known: Chandy Read more
- Coal blocks allocation was the height of organised loot under UPA, says Piyush Goyal Read more
- Residents await Tangedco contact centre Read more
- RBI loan boost for new power projects Read more
- Coal auctions: Topworth Urja & me<x>tals bags Marki Mangli-I mine Read more
- SC seeks response from Centre, four states on plea to curb pollution Read more
- Delhi winter power demand to peak 4,600 MW: BSES Read more
- Maharashtra govt clears revival of Ratnagiri Gas and Power project Read more