Power News We love to talk!
Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday declared that eastern States, including Bihar, would be self-reliant in power soon.
He also announced that farmers of the country would get uninterrupted electricity supply through `dedicated feeders' in next two years. The scheme would be launched under the Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojna which was successful in Gujarat.
"We've clear cut instruction from Prime Minister Narendra Modi to extend all help to eastern States including Bihar to make them self-reliant in power sector. The government is paying special attention to power-starved eastern States," said Mr. Goyal.
- Discom losses to halve by FY19 on reforms, says Crisil Read more
- CERC compensation formula for Tata Power, Adani Power disappoints Read more
- Coal India close to achieving e-auction target for FY17 Read more
- No CAG audit of discoms: Delhi High court rejects APP directive Read more
- M&M, NTPC to tap overseas markets to raise funds Read more
- PM Modi permits surplus power sale to Pakistan: Amarinder Singh Read more
- Tamil Nadu latest to push solar companies for post-auction tariff cut Read more
- Snapdeal to set up 1 MW rooftop project at warehouses Read more
- Subdued growth in thermal power plants utilization as renewables capture demand Read more
- Prepaid meter consumers entitled to refund of deposit:?HC Read more