Coal News We love to talk!
Maharashtra: In the matter of Petition filed by MSEDCL for Passing on the cost of Renewable Energy Purchase to the Industries responsible for pollution and climate change
Maharashtra state electricity distribution company limited (MSEDCL) has requested the Hon€™ble MERe to consider passing on the cost due to renewable energy purchase to Industries of the state. As per MSEDCL, Industries in the state are responsible for pollution and climate change and consequently they should be burdened with higher purchase cost of RE, not common consumers.
MSEDCL has provided the average cost of RE power purchase to be: Rs. 3.81 per unit, Rs 4.12 per unit, Rs 4.26 per unit & Rs 4.32 per unit for FY11 to FY13 respectively. Based on this MSEDCL has requested to segregate the RE power purchase from the ARR so that the overall tariff gets reduced, even-though, a cursory look reveals that the %age in such increase is declining on year to year basis (8.31% to 3.3 % to 1.41 % finally for FY13).
- Coal or solar, what will power India's future? Read more
- SC notice to Reliance-led discoms on Rs 900-cr dues Read more
- SC rejects Centre's plea for transfer of five Coal Ordinance cases Read more
- CEA approves 100 mw Turga pump storage hydel project Read more
- 'Make BHEL nodal agency for govt's overseas power projects' Read more
- Entire North-East will benefit from OTPC power project Read more
- CERC allows withdrawal of provisional tariff petition for Karcham Wangtoo HPP Read more
- Odisha issues Net Metering/Bi-directional metering Regulation for roof-top Solar Read more
- NTPC asks bidders for additional tariffs for tender floated earlier Read more
- Piyush Goyal to consult states over amending Electricity Act Read more