Coal News We love to talk!
Maharashtra: In the matter of Petition filed by MSEDCL for Passing on the cost of Renewable Energy Purchase to the Industries responsible for pollution and climate change
Maharashtra state electricity distribution company limited (MSEDCL) has requested the Hon€™ble MERe to consider passing on the cost due to renewable energy purchase to Industries of the state. As per MSEDCL, Industries in the state are responsible for pollution and climate change and consequently they should be burdened with higher purchase cost of RE, not common consumers.
MSEDCL has provided the average cost of RE power purchase to be: Rs. 3.81 per unit, Rs 4.12 per unit, Rs 4.26 per unit & Rs 4.32 per unit for FY11 to FY13 respectively. Based on this MSEDCL has requested to segregate the RE power purchase from the ARR so that the overall tariff gets reduced, even-though, a cursory look reveals that the %age in such increase is declining on year to year basis (8.31% to 3.3 % to 1.41 % finally for FY13).
- Duty casts a cloud over solar panel manufacturers in export oriented zones Read more
- Wind power producers take regulator to court over forecasting Read more
- JSPL to sell some steel assets, enter renewables sector Read more
- 'GAIL (India) working on renegotiating LNG supply deals Read more
- PSERC dismisses dispute over service connection charges due to withdrawal Read more
- 'People participation important in energy conservation' Read more
- PowerGrid commissions record Rs 30,300-crore projects in 2015-16 Read more
- Determination of Average Pooled Purchase Cost for FY 2014-15 Proposed Read more
- Tata Powers arm bags solar project in Maharashtra Read more
- MERC verifies the compliance of RPO targets by MSEDCL for 2013-14 Read more