Coal News We love to talk!
Maharashtra: In the matter of Petition filed by MSEDCL for Passing on the cost of Renewable Energy Purchase to the Industries responsible for pollution and climate change
Maharashtra state electricity distribution company limited (MSEDCL) has requested the Hon€™ble MERe to consider passing on the cost due to renewable energy purchase to Industries of the state. As per MSEDCL, Industries in the state are responsible for pollution and climate change and consequently they should be burdened with higher purchase cost of RE, not common consumers.
MSEDCL has provided the average cost of RE power purchase to be: Rs. 3.81 per unit, Rs 4.12 per unit, Rs 4.26 per unit & Rs 4.32 per unit for FY11 to FY13 respectively. Based on this MSEDCL has requested to segregate the RE power purchase from the ARR so that the overall tariff gets reduced, even-though, a cursory look reveals that the %age in such increase is declining on year to year basis (8.31% to 3.3 % to 1.41 % finally for FY13).
- CERC approves transmission tariff for Barh-TPSs transmission assets Read more
- Adani may exit Carmichael coal mine project without tax deal: minister Read more
- Wind power: Suzlon chief Tulsi Tanti says projects under Rs 5 per unit unviable Read more
- Long-termprospects lure investors into NTPC offer for sale Read more
- Indian power plants' coal stocks hit record high of 29.8 mil mt: CEA Read more
- Oil firms plan to set up seven 2G ethanol units for Rs4,000 crore Read more
- NTPC's Kahalgaon supr thermal plant to generate low cost power soon Read more
- Suzlon installs Indias largest wind turbine generator Read more
- Kalpataru Power Transmission to raise Rs 300 cr via NCDs Read more
- NTPC plans to become biggest renewable energy company in 10 years Read more