Power News We love to talk!
NTPC has approached the Ministry of Environment and Forest seeking amendments to Terms of Reference (TOR) for its proposed expansion of Telangana's Ramagundam power plant to 2x800 mw.
According to a senior official of the company, earlier the power producer was accorded permission for expanding the capacity to 2x660 mw.
NTPC is presently operating a coal based 2600 MW (Stage-I, II & III) Thermal Power Station at Ramagundam in Karimnagar District of Telangana.
"This is part of the 4000 mw power plant proposed to be set up in Telangana state. 1600 mw power plant will be set up at the existing location in Ramagundam. We are seeking land from the Telangana Government for the rest of the capacity," the official told.
He said the cost of project would be between Rs 5.5 crore to Rs 6 crore per MW and the Board has already approved the proposal.
It is proposed to allocate 100 per cent power to Telangana state subject to approval by Ministry of Power. Considering the location and optimisation of available space at both locations to accommodate 4000 MW, 800 MW units have been proposed, the official added.
Coal requirement for the project is estimated as 7.37 MTPA (20197 tonnes per day) to achieve 90 per cent PLF, a senior Government official said.
Presently, coal is sourced from Singareni Collieries Company Limited or SCCL, a government-owned coal mining company. Further, the Government of Telangana has recently requested Ministry of Coal to allot 8 MTPA coal for the proposed expansion (Phase-I) which is expected to begin April 2018.
- NTPC enters into a Joint Venture Read more
- Power-packed: Discoms losing Rs 10k cr/year as coal tolling policy not allowed Read more
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs 1,495 cr order from NTPC Read more
- PFS ties up with banks for seamless issuance of Letter of Credit for green energy Read more
- Singareni Collieries output drops 9% to 4 MT in September Read more
- India plans to award 15,000 MW of solar projects this year Read more
- OTPC to commission another unit of its Palatana Project next month Read more
- Draft CERC (Grant of Regulatory Approval for execution of inter-State Transmission Scheme to CTU) (1st Amendment) Regulations, 2015 Read more
- Tripartite payment deal for solar power also Read more
- Coal India to decide on share buyback on September 18 Read more