Power News We love to talk!
The government will release its solar and wind energy policies by January-end, and for the first time, the New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation (NREDCAP) will set up a single-window system to speed up the execution of all energy-related projects. "The proposed project to transform Vijayawada into a solar city will cost Rs. 256 crore, and the Centre will grant a 30 per cent subsidy," B. Kamalakar Babu, Chairman and Managing Director, NREDCAP, said on Saturday.
He added that the government had lined up major projects to generate 2,500 MW of solar power in the Rayalaseema region, while the target is to generate 10,000 MW of renewable energy in the next five years. To give a major push to the renewable energy sector, a 5 MW solar project has been proposed on the Tadipudi canal bund at Dwaraka Tirumala in West Godavari district. The Centre has released a 30 per cent subsidy for the project, which will be implemented by December-end, he said.
Yet another 6 MW solar project has been proposed along the 1.5-km stretch from Bheemavaram to Gollavanitippa on Losary canal, and the tender process is on for it.
Mr. Babu said the efforts of the government were directed at creating the largest renewable energy park in the world in Andhra Pradesh.
On the proposed projects in Rayalaseema, he said the NTPC would set up a 1,000 MW solar power plant at Kadiri in Anantapur district at an investment of Rs. 7,000 crore. An area of 5,500 acres has been allotted to the NTPC for the project.
NREDCAP Krishna District Manager K. Srinivasa Rao was present.
- NTPC board approves investment proposal for Madhya Pradesh plant Read more
- NGT notice to Centre on plea to ban antimony solar panels Read more
- Panelon coal linkages may meet again next week Read more
- GAIL seeks to defer Gazprom LNG contract Read more
- CERC seeks pre-bid papers on Mundra plant Read more
- Domestic sourcing rule helps solar panel-makers boost order books Read more
- CLP India awards 100-mw wind power project in MP to Gamesa Read more
- Mytrah Energy posts revenues of $362 million Read more
- MNRE invites proposals for developing 'green campuses' Read more
- Record level of wind power produced in Gujarat on higher capacity Read more