Coal News We love to talk!
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), one of the top ten energy companies of the world, is making a foray into the lubricants market in India. To begin with, it is targetting the premium segment in the motocycles and passenger cars and the three-wheelers.
ADNOC Distribution, the petroleum products marketing arm of the Abu Dhabi government owned ADNOC group, has tied up with Voyager Dynamics for distribution of the company's products in India. Starting from Kerala, the company will expand its operations to Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi in six months.
"We chose Kerala to start our journey because of the large presence of Malayalis in the Gulf and the resultant brand awareness of the product," said Hari Pillai, director of Voyager Dynamics. The company hopes to cover the entire country in the next three years, he added. Voyager Dynamics pegs the total lubricants market in India at approximatley 1.7 million tonne, of which the automotive sector will have a share of 1.1 million tonne.
"With our superior quality high-end synthetic oils, the company is particularly focusing on niche segment. We hope to bag 15% market share in the lubricants for the premium segment of motorcycles and cars in India in the next five years," said George Mattam, business head for South of Voyager Dynamics.
Lubricants for three-wheelers are another key focus area of the company as the number of these vehicles are huge in India. Malappuram district in Kerala, incidentally, has the largest number of three-wheelers in the country, Geroge Mattam said. "The company is also keenly looking at mining trucks and cruise ships, two segments which offer enormous possibilities and where ADNOC has the requisite expertise and products," he added.
ADNOC will import all its products from its UAE facility for distribution in India as it doesn't want to compromise on quality. ADNOC Distribution has range of products including engine oils and other automotive oils, industrial and hydraulic lubricants, turbine and transformer oils and specialised oils and greases, which the company markets in UAE and other countries.
- Balco plea to accept winning bid for Chhattisgarh mine rejected Read more
- Reliance forays into LPG retailing Read more
- Coal India's supply to power sector up 7% in April-December Read more
- Apoorva Renewable Energy to make solar-electric buses for transport body Read more
- Hydel revival, commercial mining by private companies crucial, secy group tells Modi Read more
- GST impact on thermal power sector to be marginally positive: ICRA Read more
- Kerala's 13th 5-yr plan to focus on controlling energy crisis, Industry revival Read more
- Indian Oil plans speciality petrochemical plants Read more
- Hiranandani to set up floating LNG terminal in West Bengal Read more
- India's first smart grid to come up in Gurgaon Read more