Coal News We love to talk!
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), one of the top ten energy companies of the world, is making a foray into the lubricants market in India. To begin with, it is targetting the premium segment in the motocycles and passenger cars and the three-wheelers.
ADNOC Distribution, the petroleum products marketing arm of the Abu Dhabi government owned ADNOC group, has tied up with Voyager Dynamics for distribution of the company's products in India. Starting from Kerala, the company will expand its operations to Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi in six months.
"We chose Kerala to start our journey because of the large presence of Malayalis in the Gulf and the resultant brand awareness of the product," said Hari Pillai, director of Voyager Dynamics. The company hopes to cover the entire country in the next three years, he added. Voyager Dynamics pegs the total lubricants market in India at approximatley 1.7 million tonne, of which the automotive sector will have a share of 1.1 million tonne.
"With our superior quality high-end synthetic oils, the company is particularly focusing on niche segment. We hope to bag 15% market share in the lubricants for the premium segment of motorcycles and cars in India in the next five years," said George Mattam, business head for South of Voyager Dynamics.
Lubricants for three-wheelers are another key focus area of the company as the number of these vehicles are huge in India. Malappuram district in Kerala, incidentally, has the largest number of three-wheelers in the country, Geroge Mattam said. "The company is also keenly looking at mining trucks and cruise ships, two segments which offer enormous possibilities and where ADNOC has the requisite expertise and products," he added.
ADNOC will import all its products from its UAE facility for distribution in India as it doesn't want to compromise on quality. ADNOC Distribution has range of products including engine oils and other automotive oils, industrial and hydraulic lubricants, turbine and transformer oils and specialised oils and greases, which the company markets in UAE and other countries.
- Odisha claims Rs 560 cr over Hindalco coal block Read more
- BP, Niko's wait for higher gas price may get longer Read more
- Cairn Energy adds another $249 mn to compensation claim from India Read more
- Essar Oilfields Services sees revenue rising to $48 million in current fiscal Read more
- ONGC to issue bonus shares, Q2 net profit up 6% at Rs 4,975 crore Read more
- ACME, Solaire Direct, Indiabulls, Azure win mandate for solar power projects in Punjab Read more
- Oil rises above $57 as Iran export recovery remains in doubt Read more
- Govt. redrafting solar policy for generating more power Read more
- Coal India's 1,000-Mw solar project may help it save 30% power costs Read more
- CERC grants inter-state trading licence to IPTPL Read more