Coal News We love to talk!
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), one of the top ten energy companies of the world, is making a foray into the lubricants market in India. To begin with, it is targetting the premium segment in the motocycles and passenger cars and the three-wheelers.
ADNOC Distribution, the petroleum products marketing arm of the Abu Dhabi government owned ADNOC group, has tied up with Voyager Dynamics for distribution of the company's products in India. Starting from Kerala, the company will expand its operations to Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi in six months.
"We chose Kerala to start our journey because of the large presence of Malayalis in the Gulf and the resultant brand awareness of the product," said Hari Pillai, director of Voyager Dynamics. The company hopes to cover the entire country in the next three years, he added. Voyager Dynamics pegs the total lubricants market in India at approximatley 1.7 million tonne, of which the automotive sector will have a share of 1.1 million tonne.
"With our superior quality high-end synthetic oils, the company is particularly focusing on niche segment. We hope to bag 15% market share in the lubricants for the premium segment of motorcycles and cars in India in the next five years," said George Mattam, business head for South of Voyager Dynamics.
Lubricants for three-wheelers are another key focus area of the company as the number of these vehicles are huge in India. Malappuram district in Kerala, incidentally, has the largest number of three-wheelers in the country, Geroge Mattam said. "The company is also keenly looking at mining trucks and cruise ships, two segments which offer enormous possibilities and where ADNOC has the requisite expertise and products," he added.
ADNOC will import all its products from its UAE facility for distribution in India as it doesn't want to compromise on quality. ADNOC Distribution has range of products including engine oils and other automotive oils, industrial and hydraulic lubricants, turbine and transformer oils and specialised oils and greases, which the company markets in UAE and other countries.
- Renewable power developers headed for transmission woes Read more
- Micro solar dome the skylight for homes without power Read more
- NTPC plans solar power push Read more
- Sri Lanka workers to strike against proposed oil storage deal with India Read more
- OVL and Oil India to split Videocon stake equally Read more
- Use solar power to cut power bill & cost worries Read more
- SunEdison may sell solar projects, lay off 5% staff Read more
- Americas Shale Gas Helps Slash Oil Doles Read more
- WTI crude falls to 6-week low as Syria war threat recedes Read more
- West Coast Refinery complex to cost Rs 2.7 lakh crore: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more