Power News We love to talk!
The Union Urban Development Ministry has signed up for enhancing the country’s solar energy production, expecting to add 100 MW over the next two years.
On Tuesday, the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) signed a memorandum of understanding with the Solar Power Corporation of India (SPCI) to achieve the target of producing 100 MW of energy that is sufficient to power 25,000 households (with a connection of 4 KW each).
The CPWD will give to the SPCI 629 buildings owned and maintained by it in 18 States for installing solar photovoltaic projects on rooftops.
“A total roof area of 16,76,233 sq.m is available on these buildings, of which 60 per cent would be used for power generation. Solar panels would be connected to the grid,” a Ministry official said. The initiative will be kicked off with 1 MW capacity solar panels each installed over Central government buildings in New Delhi like Nirman Bhawan, Krishi Bhawan, IP Bhawan, Vidyut Bhawan, Shram Shakti Bhawan among others over the next six months. The CPWD has installed 930 KW capacity on Indira Paryavaran Bhawan and Nirman Bhawan in New Delhi so far.
As per the proposal, roof-mounted solar power generation in different States will be 17 MW in Delhi, 0.80 MW in Punjab, 0.90 MW in Jammu and Kashmir, 9.30 MW in Uttar Pradesh, 1.10 MW in Uttarakhand, 43 MW in West Bengal, 1.00 MW in Jharkhand, 2.50 MW in the northeast, 1.7 MW in Maharashtra, 3 MW in Gujarat, 1.50 MW in Madhya Pradesh, 0.50 MW in Tamil Nadu, 2.60 MW in Andhra Pradesh, 3.80 MW in Karnataka, 0.70 MW in Kerala, 1.40 MW in Telangana, 6.80 MW in Rajasthan and 2.70 MW in Bihar.
- Geological surprises, delays drive up hydro power tariffs Read more
- APERC notifies wind power tariff regulations Read more
- HPCL pipeline clears Neriya roadblock Read more
- CERC fixes transmission tariff for Powergrids transmission assets in southern region Read more
- GAIL should focus on pipelines, not marketing, says Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- L&T Hydocarbon Engineering appoints Subramanian Sarma as MD, CEO Read more
- NLC India begins construction work for solar power plants Read more
- Indias quest for energy security threatened by falling investments Read more
- BGR Energy net down 33% in Q1 Read more
- Indias oil demand growth will outpace Chinas for the third year in a row Read more