Power News We love to talk!
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has directed the state energy department to cover the entire State with LED lighting programme by March 2016.
The Chief Minister suggested the need to involve every stakeholder in the energy conservation programmes for passing on the fruits of conservation to the end consumers, according to a statement from the State Energy Conservation Mission.
In order to protect the natural resources, environment and ensure sustainability of the power sector, the State is determined to implement energy efficiency and conservation programmes in coordination with the Centre. A separate action plan for communication strategy is being adopted for making energy conservation programme a mass movement.
“All departments should expedite the implementation of comprehensive action plans for achieving targeted energy savings,” Naidu said.
The implementation of programme to distribute LED bulbs for each household and replacement of conventional street lighting with energy efficient street lighting is being monitored daily.
Mentioning about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “Prakash Path,” a DSM (demand side management)-based energy efficient lighting programme, Naidu said energy conservation requires the active participation of people to realise the huge targeted energy savings.
Ajay Jain, State Principal Secretary Energy, said as per the report of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, GoI, AP has potential to save up to 24 per cent energy of total requirement of about 55,000 million units (mu) per annum in the State.
- In the matter of petition under GERC (Terms and Conditions of Intra-State Open Access) Regulations, 2011 for determination of Additional Surcharge payable by OA consumers availing power under open access Read more
- Reliance Power walks out of Rs 10,000 cr hydro projects deal with Jaiprakash Group Read more
- Mytrah Energy set to achieve 1400-MW capacity on strong solar power portfolio Read more
- Power firms seek change in bidding norms Read more
- Reopening of Badarpur power plant a setback: Greenpeace Read more
- CAG blasts government's claim of transparency in allocation Read more
- Railways to identify cost-effective energy options, says minister Suresh Prabhu Read more
- Power supply in Uttar Pradesh has improved in past twenty years: SP's Ram Gopal Read more
- Oil prices fuel WPI inflation to 30-month high of 5.25% in Jan Read more
- NTPC evaluates takeovers of power projects Read more