Power News We love to talk!
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has directed the state energy department to cover the entire State with LED lighting programme by March 2016.
The Chief Minister suggested the need to involve every stakeholder in the energy conservation programmes for passing on the fruits of conservation to the end consumers, according to a statement from the State Energy Conservation Mission.
In order to protect the natural resources, environment and ensure sustainability of the power sector, the State is determined to implement energy efficiency and conservation programmes in coordination with the Centre. A separate action plan for communication strategy is being adopted for making energy conservation programme a mass movement.
“All departments should expedite the implementation of comprehensive action plans for achieving targeted energy savings,” Naidu said.
The implementation of programme to distribute LED bulbs for each household and replacement of conventional street lighting with energy efficient street lighting is being monitored daily.
Mentioning about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “Prakash Path,” a DSM (demand side management)-based energy efficient lighting programme, Naidu said energy conservation requires the active participation of people to realise the huge targeted energy savings.
Ajay Jain, State Principal Secretary Energy, said as per the report of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, GoI, AP has potential to save up to 24 per cent energy of total requirement of about 55,000 million units (mu) per annum in the State.
- RIL profit rises on refining margins Read more
- Japan's JGC keen on setting up refinery & cracker unit in Andhra Pradesh Read more
- India eyes energy assets abroad in low price regime Read more
- Green energy agency Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency files IPO papers Read more
- Mahagenco gets mining lease for Chgarh coal block Read more
- GE Energy Europe makes an open offer to buy 25 per cent stake in Alstom T&D India Read more
- Purti Group co develops bio-CNG for vehicles Read more
- South grid to be ready by July: R N Nayak Read more
- Kodandaram seeks public hearing on power purchase agreement Read more
- GAIL commissions LNG terminal at Dabhol Read more