Power News We love to talk!
Surana Solar is poised to add a photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturing line by March at the Fab City near Hyderabad.
With the commissioning of this manufacturing unit, it will make the Hyderabad-based solar company a complete player in the solar power generation covering manufacture of modules and cells and EPC works.
Narendra Surana, Managing Director, said the company will commission the PV cell unit in two phases with the first phase set for operation by March 2015.
The company expects the current calendar year to see much faster pace of project implementation compared to last year. "We are confident of growing the company by about 15-20 per cent this financial year," he said.
"Apart from two manufacturing units for modules at Cherlapally and Fab City, we have thus far installed 20 MW solar parks for the group companies. These include 5 MW farm in Gujarat set up three years ago and 15 MW in Medak district of Telangana. We are in the process of implementing 10 MW in Karnataka and another 5 MW in Telangana and are awaiting the outcome of bids here," he said.
Surana said that the company has also bid for some of the projects offered for development by the Railways where it is proposed to set up solar PV units on railway stations for captive use. The bids are in the process of finalisation, he said.
- Govt in talks with US over solar dispute in WTO: Piyush Goyal Read more
- PSERC order on carry forward of the RPO compliance target for FY-14 to FY-15 Read more
- Tata Power Solar revenue doubles to Rs. 2,262 cr Read more
- Piyush Goyal exhorts Coal India employees to meet production targets Read more
- NTPC to reduce dependence on fossil fuels to 56 per cent by 2032 Read more
- Ujjwala Yojana scheme for BPL families in TS Read more
- Protest affects ONGC's production in Assam Read more
- Indias natural gas output to increase 52% in three years: DharmendraPradhan Read more
- Power shortage cripples south India's industrial belts Read more
- Move to free natural gas pricing won't help 15-17 Tcf of gas discoveries Read more