Power News We love to talk!
Surana Solar is poised to add a photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturing line by March at the Fab City near Hyderabad.
With the commissioning of this manufacturing unit, it will make the Hyderabad-based solar company a complete player in the solar power generation covering manufacture of modules and cells and EPC works.
Narendra Surana, Managing Director, said the company will commission the PV cell unit in two phases with the first phase set for operation by March 2015.
The company expects the current calendar year to see much faster pace of project implementation compared to last year. "We are confident of growing the company by about 15-20 per cent this financial year," he said.
"Apart from two manufacturing units for modules at Cherlapally and Fab City, we have thus far installed 20 MW solar parks for the group companies. These include 5 MW farm in Gujarat set up three years ago and 15 MW in Medak district of Telangana. We are in the process of implementing 10 MW in Karnataka and another 5 MW in Telangana and are awaiting the outcome of bids here," he said.
Surana said that the company has also bid for some of the projects offered for development by the Railways where it is proposed to set up solar PV units on railway stations for captive use. The bids are in the process of finalisation, he said.
- Welspun Group eyes $5 bn revenue by 2020 Read more
- APERC rejects state discoms request to reduce RPO and waive off related penalties Read more
- BHEL Commissions 250 MW power plant in Gujarat Read more
- Farook College sets a model by going all-solar Read more
- Ushering In An Age Of Smart Transport: An Overview Of Electric Vehicles And Why They Are Crucial For India Read more
- JSW Energy inks pacts with Monnet for acquisition of power arm Read more
- Centre looks to boost solar capacity in a big way; here is what it has done Read more
- Renewable energy: poor demand, weak utilities expose challenges Read more
- Mytrah Energy H1 revenue up at $ 228.5 m on capacity addition Read more
- JSW likely to partner China's Geely for electric vehicle foray Read more