Power News We love to talk!
Surana Solar is poised to add a photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturing line by March at the Fab City near Hyderabad.
With the commissioning of this manufacturing unit, it will make the Hyderabad-based solar company a complete player in the solar power generation covering manufacture of modules and cells and EPC works.
Narendra Surana, Managing Director, said the company will commission the PV cell unit in two phases with the first phase set for operation by March 2015.
The company expects the current calendar year to see much faster pace of project implementation compared to last year. "We are confident of growing the company by about 15-20 per cent this financial year," he said.
"Apart from two manufacturing units for modules at Cherlapally and Fab City, we have thus far installed 20 MW solar parks for the group companies. These include 5 MW farm in Gujarat set up three years ago and 15 MW in Medak district of Telangana. We are in the process of implementing 10 MW in Karnataka and another 5 MW in Telangana and are awaiting the outcome of bids here," he said.
Surana said that the company has also bid for some of the projects offered for development by the Railways where it is proposed to set up solar PV units on railway stations for captive use. The bids are in the process of finalisation, he said.
- Govt says $1.77 billion FDI equity came into Indian renewable sector between Apr 14 to Sep 16 Read more
- How India can end energy poverty by 2040 Read more
- DERC finalizes Power Purchase Cost Adjustment Charges for the next three months Read more
- CERC approves transmission tariff for Barh-TPSs transmission assets Read more
- Rating system: Power and steel plants in coal-starved states will get priority in coal block allocations Read more
- Delhi government extends power amnesty scheme till December Read more
- 100 per cent FDI in coal mining may attract global miners: Report Read more
- West Bengal to commission floating solar power plants next year Read more
- India Railways will save Rs 41,000 crore in next 10 years: Suresh Prabhu Read more
- NTPC acquires equity stake in two Bihar projects with 2,590 Mw capacity Read more