Power News We love to talk!
Surana Solar is poised to add a photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturing line by March at the Fab City near Hyderabad.
With the commissioning of this manufacturing unit, it will make the Hyderabad-based solar company a complete player in the solar power generation covering manufacture of modules and cells and EPC works.
Narendra Surana, Managing Director, said the company will commission the PV cell unit in two phases with the first phase set for operation by March 2015.
The company expects the current calendar year to see much faster pace of project implementation compared to last year. "We are confident of growing the company by about 15-20 per cent this financial year," he said.
"Apart from two manufacturing units for modules at Cherlapally and Fab City, we have thus far installed 20 MW solar parks for the group companies. These include 5 MW farm in Gujarat set up three years ago and 15 MW in Medak district of Telangana. We are in the process of implementing 10 MW in Karnataka and another 5 MW in Telangana and are awaiting the outcome of bids here," he said.
Surana said that the company has also bid for some of the projects offered for development by the Railways where it is proposed to set up solar PV units on railway stations for captive use. The bids are in the process of finalisation, he said.
- With 279.64 MW, Telangana leads in solar power capacity addition Read more
- Committee to submit report on gas price this week Read more
- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana to power up BHEL order book by Rs. 12,000 cr Read more
- Solar power to fuel Rs 1.5 crore savings for Pune division of Railways Read more
- Govt plans to raise natural gas price by about 60%, may benefit ONGC, RIL Read more
- Centre plans to generate 20,000 MW solar power Read more
- Coal case: ED attaches assets worth Rs 17crore of Nagpur firm Dir Read more
- How will India provide 24/7 power to all households? Here is the key Read more
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation to commission two projects shortly, says Chairman Read more
- India plans to fast-track hydro power projects in Kashmir region Read more