Power News We love to talk!
Surana Solar is poised to add a photovoltaic (PV) cell manufacturing line by March at the Fab City near Hyderabad.
With the commissioning of this manufacturing unit, it will make the Hyderabad-based solar company a complete player in the solar power generation covering manufacture of modules and cells and EPC works.
Narendra Surana, Managing Director, said the company will commission the PV cell unit in two phases with the first phase set for operation by March 2015.
The company expects the current calendar year to see much faster pace of project implementation compared to last year. "We are confident of growing the company by about 15-20 per cent this financial year," he said.
"Apart from two manufacturing units for modules at Cherlapally and Fab City, we have thus far installed 20 MW solar parks for the group companies. These include 5 MW farm in Gujarat set up three years ago and 15 MW in Medak district of Telangana. We are in the process of implementing 10 MW in Karnataka and another 5 MW in Telangana and are awaiting the outcome of bids here," he said.
Surana said that the company has also bid for some of the projects offered for development by the Railways where it is proposed to set up solar PV units on railway stations for captive use. The bids are in the process of finalisation, he said.
- Reliance Infra bags Rs 1,081 crore contract for Kudankulam nuclear project Read more
- After pay revision 3,000 UPCL staff call off strike Read more
- Proposals to encourage rooftop solar units Read more
- Power play: CIL price hike to hurt gencos, discoms Here is how Read more
- Solar energy reaches another milestone Read more
- Revival of thermal power: Cabinet approves new coal linkage policy 'Shakti' Read more
- Seeds of instability seen in Narendra Modis solar push for India Read more
- NTPC ITI goes on stream in Chhattisgarh Read more
- Pakistan, Turkmenistan accelerate TAPI gas pipeline preparations Read more
- AP denying TS its due share of electricity: TRS Read more