Coal News We love to talk!
Approval of draft supplementary PPA for purchase of bagasse based power totaling 29 MW during season and 36 MW during off-season from existing 27.4 MW and upcoming 12 MW power plants of Rana Sugars Ltd. located at Vill. Belwara, Dist. Moradabad. (U.P.)
UPPCL had filed for approval of Supplementary Power Purchase Agreement (SPPA) dated 15th October, 2014 for purchase of bagasse based power totaling 29 MW during season and 36 MW during off-season from existing 27.4 MW and upcoming 12 MW power plants of M/s Rana Sugars Ltd. located at Vill. Belwara, Dist. Moradabad, U.P.. UPPCL already has a PPA dated 03.08.2006 with Rana Sugar for purchase of 15 MW during season and 20 MW during off- season from 27.4 MW bagasse based power plant. Further, on 01.09.2014 M/s Rana Sugars Ltd. submitted to UPPCL that they are in the process of installing additional 10 MW capacity which is likely to be commissioned by November 2014 and entered into supplementary PPA (SPPA) with UPPCL on 15.10.2014.
The Commission has approved the SPPA between UPPCL and Rana Sugars Ltd dated 15th October, 2014 for purchase of power from latterâ€™s power plant atÂ village Belwara, Dist. Moradabad (U.P). The tariff for supply of electricity from plant shall be based on weighted average of contracted capacities corresponding to their years of commissioning as provided in the Regulations. According to regulation 35(2) of the CNCE Regulation, 2009 the above tariff shall be reduced by Rs. 0.16/ kwh ( sixteen paise per unit) provisionally for additional capacity of 14 MW during season and 16 MW during of f-season viz-a-viz earlier PPA, till the Regulation, 2014 come in to effect.
- Hybrid system could cut coal-plant emissions by half Read more
- BHEL aims non-power revenue to 40 per cent by 2022 Read more
- Adani Australia project: Firing up coal supply Read more
- Haryana targets 4200 mw solar power by 2022 Read more
- Hydel firm responsible for 2013 flood in Srinagar: NGT Read more
- World Bank offers financial aid to Bihar in power sector Read more
- Ethanol use can reduce India's fuel imports, says Prime Minister Modi Read more
- KERC cautions possibility of excess power and no takers in two years Read more
- Bhel wins $1.49 billion power plant contract in Bangladesh Read more
- Getting wind energy to work Read more