Coal News We love to talk!
Approval of draft supplementary PPA for purchase of bagasse based power totaling 29 MW during season and 36 MW during off-season from existing 27.4 MW and upcoming 12 MW power plants of Rana Sugars Ltd. located at Vill. Belwara, Dist. Moradabad. (U.P.)
UPPCL had filed for approval of Supplementary Power Purchase Agreement (SPPA) dated 15th October, 2014 for purchase of bagasse based power totaling 29 MW during season and 36 MW during off-season from existing 27.4 MW and upcoming 12 MW power plants of M/s Rana Sugars Ltd. located at Vill. Belwara, Dist. Moradabad, U.P.. UPPCL already has a PPA dated 03.08.2006 with Rana Sugar for purchase of 15 MW during season and 20 MW during off- season from 27.4 MW bagasse based power plant. Further, on 01.09.2014 M/s Rana Sugars Ltd. submitted to UPPCL that they are in the process of installing additional 10 MW capacity which is likely to be commissioned by November 2014 and entered into supplementary PPA (SPPA) with UPPCL on 15.10.2014.
The Commission has approved the SPPA between UPPCL and Rana Sugars Ltd dated 15th October, 2014 for purchase of power from latterâ€™s power plant atÂ village Belwara, Dist. Moradabad (U.P). The tariff for supply of electricity from plant shall be based on weighted average of contracted capacities corresponding to their years of commissioning as provided in the Regulations. According to regulation 35(2) of the CNCE Regulation, 2009 the above tariff shall be reduced by Rs. 0.16/ kwh ( sixteen paise per unit) provisionally for additional capacity of 14 MW during season and 16 MW during of f-season viz-a-viz earlier PPA, till the Regulation, 2014 come in to effect.
- Power producers GMR, Torrent, GVK, others in fierce bidding for gas subsidy Read more
- JERC approves ED-Puducherry to sign PPA of 67MW with Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project Read more
- WBPDCL to mine its own coal to avoid spot power purchase Read more
- Power Plants without unique registration number can not sell to grid: CEA proposal Read more
- Pledges of Rs 60,000 crore for renewable energy in UP Investors Summit Read more
- CERC disposes of NETCLs petition for asset split and tariff determination Read more
- Discoms default on renewable power Read more
- Fire at power loom unit near Vizhinjam Read more
- CERC approves charges for assets under FOCS for WCN in ER Read more
- DERC caught in power play Read more