Coal News We love to talk!
Under Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003, the Central Electricity Authority, issued â€œInstallation and operation of meters, Regulation, 2006â€. The Regulation deals with issues like , type of meters, ownership of meters, location of meters, accuracy class of meters, energy accounting.
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) issued â€œOpen Access in inter-State Transmission Regulations, 2008â€ related to Open Access issues. Under Section 55(3), the State Regulatory Commission has the responsibility of implementing the provisions contained in Section 55 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1).
The Transmission Licensee and Distribution Licensee raised certain issues connected with
1) Ownership of meters,
2) Who has to bear the cost of meter and allied equipment?
3) Installation responsibility, testing and
4) Location of meters arising in the course of implementing the Regulations made in this regard.
Therefore, in order to effectively implement the provisions of Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1) or otherwise, read with Regulation 54 of the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (Conduct of Business) Regulations 1999, the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission has issued the following Practice Directions.
- Govt to build general network access for hassle-free power Read more
- Cairn net profit dips to $72.6 m; buys stake in 3 oil blocks Read more
- AP, Telangana continue to spar over power Read more
- Coal on the rise in China, US, India after major 2016 drop Read more
- Odisha demands grants for Pump Storage Projects from NCEF Read more
- India invites Canadian firms to invest in energy infra Read more
- Tata Power posts Rs 115-cr loss Read more
- AP to procure additional power to meet demand Read more
- A section of government against gas price revision formula Read more
- Coal Indias Q4 profits likely to come under pressure Read more