Coal News We love to talk!
Under Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003, the Central Electricity Authority, issued â€œInstallation and operation of meters, Regulation, 2006â€. The Regulation deals with issues like , type of meters, ownership of meters, location of meters, accuracy class of meters, energy accounting.
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) issued â€œOpen Access in inter-State Transmission Regulations, 2008â€ related to Open Access issues. Under Section 55(3), the State Regulatory Commission has the responsibility of implementing the provisions contained in Section 55 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1).
The Transmission Licensee and Distribution Licensee raised certain issues connected with
1) Ownership of meters,
2) Who has to bear the cost of meter and allied equipment?
3) Installation responsibility, testing and
4) Location of meters arising in the course of implementing the Regulations made in this regard.
Therefore, in order to effectively implement the provisions of Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1) or otherwise, read with Regulation 54 of the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (Conduct of Business) Regulations 1999, the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission has issued the following Practice Directions.
- Indian refinery tycoons tap fuel rush at home as China stokes global glut Read more
- 2MW solar panels to power WR suburban stations in 6 months Read more
- Government drops plan for power sector asset reconstruction firm Read more
- Space Application Centre inks MoU with Adani to optimize solar power generation Read more
- Discom claims daily loss of Rs 25 lakh due to power theft by e-rick owners Read more
- India Power completes acquisition of Meenakshi Energy, plans to invest Rs. 3500 cr for setting up plant in Bengal Read more
- Power Distribution franchisee in Gurgaon and Panipat Read more
- Tangedco under pressure to buy power from private producers Read more
- Approves Net Metering Policy for Rooftop Solar Read more
- Frances Engie in talks to partner Everest Industries for solar roofs Read more