Coal News We love to talk!
Under Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003, the Central Electricity Authority, issued â€œInstallation and operation of meters, Regulation, 2006â€. The Regulation deals with issues like , type of meters, ownership of meters, location of meters, accuracy class of meters, energy accounting.
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) issued â€œOpen Access in inter-State Transmission Regulations, 2008â€ related to Open Access issues. Under Section 55(3), the State Regulatory Commission has the responsibility of implementing the provisions contained in Section 55 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1).
The Transmission Licensee and Distribution Licensee raised certain issues connected with
1) Ownership of meters,
2) Who has to bear the cost of meter and allied equipment?
3) Installation responsibility, testing and
4) Location of meters arising in the course of implementing the Regulations made in this regard.
Therefore, in order to effectively implement the provisions of Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1) or otherwise, read with Regulation 54 of the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (Conduct of Business) Regulations 1999, the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission has issued the following Practice Directions.
- Grid crash probe panel backs phasing out failed financial circuit breaker Read more
- Petrotech 2016 will help develop Indian energy roadmap: Pradhan Read more
- Nepal requests India for more electricity through two new transmission lines Read more
- State electricity boards reluctant to buy power from NHPC projects Read more
- Surge in spot power prices unlikely to be sustained: ICRA Read more
- Gujarat to save Rs 350 cr by swapping coal with NTPC Read more
- Residents await Tangedco contact centre Read more
- Oil India signs contract for two oil blocks in Myanmar Read more
- JERC restricts the recovery of FPPCA Charges to 0.67/Unit immediately from February, 2017 onwards, from the Power Consumers Read more
- Power transmission projects: Bid value plunges from Rs 21,200 cr to Rs 9,800 cr Read more