Coal News We love to talk!
Under Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003, the Central Electricity Authority, issued â€œInstallation and operation of meters, Regulation, 2006â€. The Regulation deals with issues like , type of meters, ownership of meters, location of meters, accuracy class of meters, energy accounting.
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) issued â€œOpen Access in inter-State Transmission Regulations, 2008â€ related to Open Access issues. Under Section 55(3), the State Regulatory Commission has the responsibility of implementing the provisions contained in Section 55 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1).
The Transmission Licensee and Distribution Licensee raised certain issues connected with
1) Ownership of meters,
2) Who has to bear the cost of meter and allied equipment?
3) Installation responsibility, testing and
4) Location of meters arising in the course of implementing the Regulations made in this regard.
Therefore, in order to effectively implement the provisions of Section 55 of the Electricity Act, 2003 and the Regulations made under Section 55 (1) or otherwise, read with Regulation 54 of the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (Conduct of Business) Regulations 1999, the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission has issued the following Practice Directions.
- Approved new Open Access Charges (Transmission/wheeling Charges, Surcharge and Additional Surcharge applicable to open access customers for use of Intra-state transmission/ distribution system) effective from date of issue of order for ODISHA Read more
- Kerala's power usage nears 64 MU per day Read more
- Tata Power posts Rs 115-cr loss Read more
- Company being set up for Ratnagiri refinery Read more
- Green companies may slip into red if forced to cut tariffs: Banks Read more
- APERC dismisses Deccan Cements petition as matter is mutually resolved Read more
- ABB India bags orders worth Rs 119 crore Read more
- GERC directs EPDG to pay subsidy for agricultural consumers in advance Read more
- Coal linkages may be extended to new super critical projects Read more
- Government raises concerns over power project loans during UPA tenure Read more