Coal News We love to talk!
The first unit of 800 MW at Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Super Thermal Power Station, known as Krishnapatnam Genco power plant, here has been declared ready for commercial operations but generation is stopped due to lack of formal coal supplies from the Talcher coal fields in Orissa.
According to Genco officials here, there is no sufficient coal stock available at the plant right now. They are expecting regular supplies from Talcher coal fields as the commercial operations readiness certificate is being submitted to the company there.
The officials dismissed reports of any deliberate delay in commercial operations, saying that the coal supply companies will not enter formal agreements for supplies if a power plant is not ready for commercial generation.
Three days ago, the first unit was run for over 72 hours uninterruptedly as part of stabilisation tests. As there was a positive result, the Genco authorities have taken the certificate for starting commercial operations.
However, this has to be formalised by getting formal coal linkages from the Orissa-based Mahanadi Coal Company Ltd.
On the allegations being levelled by Telangana leaders, the officials here says even if the commercial generation is taken up on a continuous basis, there is little scope for sharing the power generation. As there is no clear agreement on this aspect, the A.P. government is thinking of giving a share in the profits, if any, out of the thermal station's commercial generation.
The same view will be held good with regard to the second unit of 800 MW at the Genco station here. Officials say it will take three to four months for stabilisation but Telangana leader are complaining delay that is allegedly being caused in this aspect.
The second unit will also take some time and its commercial operations may begin by June this year.
- Get pricing right in energy, rest will follow: Immelt Read more
- Yes Bank, EIB to co-finance $400 mn for clean power projects Read more
- Discoms may suffer massive Rs 18,000 cr setback; here is how Read more
- Taliperu project goes without power for third consecutive day Read more
- Hydro power generation to go up on good monsoon: Govt Read more
- DERC imposes penalty on TPDDL for violation of procedures Read more
- TNERC asks Tangedco to explain stand on Cuddalore PowerGen project Read more
- NTPC to stay away from imports, hopes to generate power with domestic coal till September Read more
- Chennai airport installs solar panel to check its power needs Read more
- Set back to Thrissur Corp's power generation plans Read more