Power News We love to talk!
Wind power company Gamesa has signed up with Greenko for 300-MW additional wind power capacity generation.
With a combined portfolio of 600 MW with Greenko, Gamesa has fortified its position in the wind turbine space in India. Of the 300 MW, 160 MW is expected to be commissioned by June 2015.
Gamesa will set up 80 of the company's G97-2.0 MW-T-104m wind turbines at the Jaisalmer region in Rajasthan and Basavana Bagewadi in Karnataka.
In the phase two (140 MW), Gamesa will supply 70 of its G97-2.0MW-T-104 turbines for sites in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. This project is expected to be commissioned by September 2015.
"With the Government's thrust in promoting India as a global manufacturing hub, it is imperative that renewables be considered as an alternative fuel to meet the power demand spurred by industrialisation," said Ramesh Kymal, Chairman and Managing Director, Gamesa India.
Anil Kumar Chalamalasetty, CEO and MD of Greenko Group, said: "In our persuasion towards sustainable low-cost energy generation, we find in Gamesa a good partner."
Of the 300 MW earlier contract, Greenko has 160MW of operation wind capacity in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, and another 140MW is under various stages of development.
- Assocham for hydropower GST at par with other renewables Read more
- India and US launch $ 95 million clean energy projects under OPIC financing Read more
- NTPC eyeing 248 billion unit power generation Read more
- India will add 225 GW renewable energy project capacity by 2022: R K Singh Read more
- Gail India Q2 profit up 179% on cost savings, petrochem Read more
- Puducherry CM bats for adoption of innovative energy production sources Read more
- In a first, Narendra Modi govt gives 600 MW stranded power projects second wind Read more
- Bihar sixth state to join UDAY, benefit pegged at Rs 117 crore Read more
- 21 states to join UDAY by March Read more
- RINL forays into solar power generation with Vishakhapatnam plant Read more