Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Power today inked a pact with Rajasthan government to develop a 6,000 MW solar park in the state over the next 10 years.
An MoU in this regard was signed by state Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and Chairman of Reliance Power Anil Ambani here today.
Raje also dedicated Reliance Power's 100 MW Concentrated Solar Project (CSP) located at Pokhran in Jaisalmer district to the nation.
Rajasthan Sun Technique Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Power, was awarded the CSP project in 2010 based on a international competitive bidding.
The CSP plant is expected to generate about 250 million kilowatt hours of clean and green energy annually, equivalent to consumption of 2,30,000 households," the company said.
Reliance Power claims to have the largest portfolio of power projects in the private sector based on coal, gas, hydro and renewable energy with an operating portfolio of nearly 6,000 MW.
Earlier this week, Gautam Adani-led Adani Enterprises also signed a pact with the Rajasthan government to develop the country's largest solar park in the state with 10,000 MW capacity over the next 10 years at an estimated investment of about Rs 40,000 crore.
- Declares Distribution & Transmission Tariff for FY 14-15 Read more
- As imports get costly, CIL woos power sector afresh Read more
- Power generation from hydro plants dips in the first quarter Read more
- India re-negotiating terms of gas contract with Qatar: Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Govt looks to boost use of natural gas for cooking, cars Read more
- Adani Power posts 792-cr standalone profit in Q3; consolidated loss nearly doubles Read more
- RERC grants extension to APL for application of interim tariff Read more
- K-plant to match world's biggest Read more
- Only India asks coal block allotees to set up plants: Naveen Jindal Read more
- Coal piles up as state gencos make costly power Read more