Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Power today inked a pact with Rajasthan government to develop a 6,000 MW solar park in the state over the next 10 years.
An MoU in this regard was signed by state Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and Chairman of Reliance Power Anil Ambani here today.
Raje also dedicated Reliance Power's 100 MW Concentrated Solar Project (CSP) located at Pokhran in Jaisalmer district to the nation.
Rajasthan Sun Technique Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Power, was awarded the CSP project in 2010 based on a international competitive bidding.
The CSP plant is expected to generate about 250 million kilowatt hours of clean and green energy annually, equivalent to consumption of 2,30,000 households," the company said.
Reliance Power claims to have the largest portfolio of power projects in the private sector based on coal, gas, hydro and renewable energy with an operating portfolio of nearly 6,000 MW.
Earlier this week, Gautam Adani-led Adani Enterprises also signed a pact with the Rajasthan government to develop the country's largest solar park in the state with 10,000 MW capacity over the next 10 years at an estimated investment of about Rs 40,000 crore.
- Adani Powers 660 MW Kawai unit shut due to coal shortage Read more
- India to have excess coal if government hits fuel production target Read more
- Andhra Pradesh powers ahead; bidders secure remunerative tariff rates Read more
- Oil India fourth quarter net profit down 96 percent to Rs 19 crore Read more
- Essar Oil in talks with Colombian co to raise imports Read more
- IOC to set up city gas infra in UP Read more
- Coal India hits new low on missing production target Read more
- Crashing solar tariffs crush storage plans Read more
- Ind-Ra: Solar power tariffs have room to fall further Read more
- Great Eastern Energy Corp plans to invest Rs 2,000 crore on Raniganj asset in West Bengal Read more