Power News We love to talk!
Reliance Power today inked a pact with Rajasthan government to develop a 6,000 MW solar park in the state over the next 10 years.
An MoU in this regard was signed by state Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and Chairman of Reliance Power Anil Ambani here today.
Raje also dedicated Reliance Power's 100 MW Concentrated Solar Project (CSP) located at Pokhran in Jaisalmer district to the nation.
Rajasthan Sun Technique Energy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Power, was awarded the CSP project in 2010 based on a international competitive bidding.
The CSP plant is expected to generate about 250 million kilowatt hours of clean and green energy annually, equivalent to consumption of 2,30,000 households," the company said.
Reliance Power claims to have the largest portfolio of power projects in the private sector based on coal, gas, hydro and renewable energy with an operating portfolio of nearly 6,000 MW.
Earlier this week, Gautam Adani-led Adani Enterprises also signed a pact with the Rajasthan government to develop the country's largest solar park in the state with 10,000 MW capacity over the next 10 years at an estimated investment of about Rs 40,000 crore.
- Coal power installed capacity growth dwindles to 3-year low Read more
- CAG raps OilMin for letting Reliance Industries charge marketing margin in dollars Read more
- MPERC rejects JPVLs petition for adjudication on operational issues related to Jaypee Nigiri STPP Read more
- Power shutdown affect salt producers Read more
- Stress on safety in nuclear power generation Read more
- Standing committee on coal questions inter-ministerial group Read more
- DVC begins recovery of Rs 2,300-cr dues from Jharkhand Read more
- Coal production in April curtailed on low offtake Read more
- Clean energy projects get Rs 86,000 crore investment Read more
- GAIL set to hike domestic price of LNG Read more