Power News We love to talk!
The importance of safety in nuclear power generation was stressed by Vinod J. Katti, Regional Director of Atomic Energy (DAE), during the inaugural function of the Atomic Science Exhibition and the Anuvigyan Week at the Islamiah College in Vaniyambadi on Monday. The exhibition and Anuvigyan Week were organised jointly by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and the college.
M.A. Jayaraj, Joint Director of Collegiate Education, Vellore, inaugurated the Anuvigyan Week celebration which was held in connection with the National Science Day to be celebrated by the DAE on February 28. Syed Zakaullah, Deputy Regional Director of DAE, K. Prem Nazeer, College Principal and L.M. Muneer Ahmed, Secretary and Correspondent of the College participated. The exhibition will continue on Tuesday and a quiz contest will be held.
Atomic Science expo, Anuvigyan Week on at Islamiah College
- Discoms sweat over losses in Supreme Court Read more
- Pilot project on energy-efficient IP sets Read more
- Renewable energy firms seek compensation for backing down Read more
- UP hails power tariff hike; HC stays power theft case hearing Read more
- How India is paving the way for an electric future Read more
- CAG picks holes in Odisha's power pacts, says it favours private operators Read more
- India imported coal worth over Rs 1 lakh crore last financial year Read more
- Believe it or not! Petrol could be below Rs 30 a litre in 5 years Read more
- Captive power producers rap coal firms for irregular supply Read more
- Half of Coal India's dues are from 4 state-run power companies Read more