Coal News We love to talk!
Gujarat has spent Rs 2847.25 crore in last two years on their ambitious gas exploration project in Krishna Godawari Basin even as the production of oil or gas is yet to take off despite the spending, Energy Minister Saurabh Patel told Legislative Assembly today.
In his written reply to the House, Patel said the State Petroleum Corporation ( GSPC) has spent Rs 2847.25 crore for the project in last two years.
Congress MLA and party chief whip Balwantsinh Rajput through a written query during Question Hour asked Patel to provide details about the expenses incurred for the project during the said period.
He also asked government to give details about the quantity of oil or gas acquired till date from the basin. Giving the break-up, Patel stated while government spent Rs 2052.31 crore during 2013-14, it spent Rs 794.94 crore in 2014-15 (as on December 31, 2014).
On gas and oil details, Patel admitted that production of oil or gas is yet to commence in the block KG/OSN/2001/3.
- Adani slashes Oz project size to $4 bn Read more
- Pradhan hints at creating giant vertical under HPCL Read more
- Electric vehicles pave the way forward as the Indian market gets ready for the influx of new, pollution-free vehicles Read more
- India discussing $15 billion petroleum investments with Nigeria Read more
- Revival of gas power plants to boost consumption: Dharmendra Pradhan Read more
- Coal consumption has changed due to non-conventional power: Steel minister Read more
- India pays final tranche of $550 m of oil dues to Iran Read more
- ONGC counts benefits of crude oil's drop Read more
- Centre announces one of biggest OFS, set to sell up to 10 pct stake in NTPC to raise Rs 13,850 cr Read more
- India expects to build three more LNG terminals on east coast Read more