Coal News We love to talk!
The number of people working in central public sector enterprises declined further in 2013-14, while state-run oil explorer ONGC was the most profitable PSU in the fiscal, a government survey said.
As on March 31, 2014, 290 CPSEs employed over 13.51 lakh people (excluding contract workers), compared to 14.02 lakh in 2012-13.
"The total strength of CPSEs has gone down by 50,213 persons due to superannuation, voluntary retirement etc," said the Public Enterprises Survey tabled in Parliament today.
Among the top performing central public sector enterprises (CPSEs), ONGC incurred a net profit of Rs 22,094.81 crore, followed by Coal India (Rs 15,008 crore), NTPC (Rs 10,975 crore); Indian Oil Corporation (Rs 7,019 crore), NMDC Ltd (Rs 6,420 crore); Power Finance Corporation (Rs 5,418 crore).
The other companies in the top ten include South Eastern Coalfields (Rs 4,772 crore); Rural Electrification Corporation (Rs 4,684 crore); Power Grid Corporation (Rs 4,497 crore); ONGC Videsh (Rs 4,445 crore).
Telecom major BSNL remained the biggest loss-making enterprise during 2013-14 as well with losses mounting to over Rs 7,019 crore.
Air India came in at the second spot, followed by Hindustan Photo Films, Hindusttan Cables, State Trading Corporation of India, Hindustan Fertiliser Corp, STCL Ltd, ITI Ltd, Chennai Petroleum Corporation and Shipping Corporation of India.
- SunEdison Signs 2 GW Renewable Energy Deal With Indian State Read more
- NTPC to expand solar goal, slow thermal power, BNEF says Read more
- Centres green nod to Rs 9,747-cr Khurja Thermal Power Project in Uttar Pradesh Read more
- Data mining to be on Power Ministry's app Read more
- We are hopeful of merging with Indian Oil: Gautam Roy Read more
- NHPC: Cheap valuations, improving ops are key triggers Read more
- RIL rejigs investment portfolio, sells blue chip stocks Read more
- Power Grid Corp to tap bond market to raise Rs. 12,000 crore Read more
- Rays Power Infra to set up solar park in AP Read more
- Centre to set up nuclear plants in Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana Read more