Coal News We love to talk!
The number of people working in central public sector enterprises declined further in 2013-14, while state-run oil explorer ONGC was the most profitable PSU in the fiscal, a government survey said.
As on March 31, 2014, 290 CPSEs employed over 13.51 lakh people (excluding contract workers), compared to 14.02 lakh in 2012-13.
"The total strength of CPSEs has gone down by 50,213 persons due to superannuation, voluntary retirement etc," said the Public Enterprises Survey tabled in Parliament today.
Among the top performing central public sector enterprises (CPSEs), ONGC incurred a net profit of Rs 22,094.81 crore, followed by Coal India (Rs 15,008 crore), NTPC (Rs 10,975 crore); Indian Oil Corporation (Rs 7,019 crore), NMDC Ltd (Rs 6,420 crore); Power Finance Corporation (Rs 5,418 crore).
The other companies in the top ten include South Eastern Coalfields (Rs 4,772 crore); Rural Electrification Corporation (Rs 4,684 crore); Power Grid Corporation (Rs 4,497 crore); ONGC Videsh (Rs 4,445 crore).
Telecom major BSNL remained the biggest loss-making enterprise during 2013-14 as well with losses mounting to over Rs 7,019 crore.
Air India came in at the second spot, followed by Hindustan Photo Films, Hindusttan Cables, State Trading Corporation of India, Hindustan Fertiliser Corp, STCL Ltd, ITI Ltd, Chennai Petroleum Corporation and Shipping Corporation of India.
- BERC approves the 4th Amendment to BERC (Terms and Conditions for Tariff Determination from Solar Energy Sources) Regulations, 2010 Read more
- Indiabulls Power promoter Rajiv Rattan denies speculations about looking to exit power business Read more
- Additional 5% discount for retail; Stake sale to garner Rs 636 cr Read more
- From coal production to renewable power obligations: NITI Aayog lays down its 3-year agenda for India's energy sector Read more
- Power sector: Too hot to handle Read more
- In Gujarat, farmers become solar power producers for irrigation Read more
- Hareon Solar to make first India investment amid renewables boom Read more
- ONGC western offshore assets see 11% rise in crude oil production Read more
- Reliance Industries Ltd. serves arbitration notice to government on ONGC gas dispute Read more
- Only 'Non-Serious' players may end up losing coal block permits Read more