Coal News We love to talk!
The number of people working in central public sector enterprises declined further in 2013-14, while state-run oil explorer ONGC was the most profitable PSU in the fiscal, a government survey said.
As on March 31, 2014, 290 CPSEs employed over 13.51 lakh people (excluding contract workers), compared to 14.02 lakh in 2012-13.
"The total strength of CPSEs has gone down by 50,213 persons due to superannuation, voluntary retirement etc," said the Public Enterprises Survey tabled in Parliament today.
Among the top performing central public sector enterprises (CPSEs), ONGC incurred a net profit of Rs 22,094.81 crore, followed by Coal India (Rs 15,008 crore), NTPC (Rs 10,975 crore); Indian Oil Corporation (Rs 7,019 crore), NMDC Ltd (Rs 6,420 crore); Power Finance Corporation (Rs 5,418 crore).
The other companies in the top ten include South Eastern Coalfields (Rs 4,772 crore); Rural Electrification Corporation (Rs 4,684 crore); Power Grid Corporation (Rs 4,497 crore); ONGC Videsh (Rs 4,445 crore).
Telecom major BSNL remained the biggest loss-making enterprise during 2013-14 as well with losses mounting to over Rs 7,019 crore.
Air India came in at the second spot, followed by Hindustan Photo Films, Hindusttan Cables, State Trading Corporation of India, Hindustan Fertiliser Corp, STCL Ltd, ITI Ltd, Chennai Petroleum Corporation and Shipping Corporation of India.
- Govt bids to set up cement plants near thermal power plants to utilize fly ash Read more
- CAG picks holes in Tangedco's capacity addition Read more
- ONGC Videsh eyes oil & gas blocks in Colombia Read more
- UPERC grants 18 month extension to three project developers Read more
- Hurdles remain in implementation of coal mine ordinance Read more
- DBT in trouble Read more
- ONGC Videsh eyes up to $1.1 billion through dollar bonds for Vankor deal Read more
- Inox Renewables exits wind power business Read more
- Madras HC rejects consortium's petition in Ennore supercritical power project Read more
- 'Obama, PM Modi can work to develop power initiative' Read more