Power News We love to talk!
Western states sold a little over 1,000 million units or 27 per cent less electricity in February due to power transmission bottlenecks in the region, India Energy Exchange said.
"Western States sold 1,002 MUs (million units) of electricity, 27 per cent lower over the previous month due to severe congestion," IEX said in a statement.
The Exchange continued to experience severe congestion on inter-state transmission system, especially on the western-southern region and western-northern region.
The month of February also witnessed decrease in power demand and reduction in prices at IEX.
"Despite the summer season approaching, there was no significant increase in demand for power across states. Instead, the northern states saw reduction in power demand by 29 per cent over the previous month, while the eastern and north-eastern states also saw reduction of 21 per cent over the last month," the statement said.
The average daily trade of 72 MUs was 5 per cent lower than 75 MUs traded last month. Almost 2.03 BUs (Billion Units) was traded in February whereas 2.34 BUs were traded in January, 2015, IEX said.
With sell bids at 3.40 BUs and buy bids at 2.89 BUs, the supply of power exceeded the demand.
- Japan may scrap nuclear plant over seismic fault Read more
- Coal auctions: JSPL may emerge a winner Read more
- MERC permits withdrawal of petition by Gandhi & Associates Read more
- Rajesh Kakkar takes charge as new Director (Offshore) at ONGC Read more
- Jammu-Pak border might have oil & gas, says ONGC Read more
- Haryana Electricity Regulatory Commission revised the fees payable in accordance with HERC (Fee) Regulations, 2005 Read more
- Order on petition filed by M/s Shriniwas Engineering Auto Component Pvt. Ltd. for seeking action against MSEDCL for not providing non-discriminatory Open Access Read more
- CERC revises cost for fibre optic communication system in NER Read more
- India Power eyeing acquisitions in thermal power projects Read more
- DERC drops NMCDs petition against state discoms for non-metering of street lights Read more