Power News We love to talk!
VayuGrid, engaged in affordable bio-energy supply, has announced that it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (NREDC-AP).
The MoU is for Andhra Pradesh to develop panchayat-level Bio Energy Zones (BEZs) for green power generation, including bio-energy green coal plantation supply chain, and the bio fuel processing infrastructure necessary to meet the low-cost production of clean energy.
Each of these BEZs established on wastelands is optimised to generate 10 MW and 14 million litres of bio-diesel, along with nearly 1,400 farm labour jobs through the 60-year productive life of the BEZ.
Kamalakar Babu, CMD, NREDCAP-AP, said, "We are taking our collective learning to do bio-energy in a better and more effective manner."
"We are pleased to be recognised as the leading bio-energy solution to be deployed across Andhra Pradesh, which is reputed for its clean energy portfolio," said Doug Peterson, CEO, VayuGrid.
The State has over 60 lakh acres of wastelands spread across seven districts. Of these, the State is looking at districts such as Cuddappah, Kurnool, Chittoor and Anantapur as initial districts to establish such BEZs.
"The goal of the MoU is to replicate the BEZ to reach 1,500 MW capacity over the next 10 years to increase rural energy access, create jobs, and make wastelands a productive asset for the State," he further stated.Cuddappah, Kurnool, Chittoor and Anantapur districts are being considered.
- ReNew Power may buy Ostro Energy in Rs10,000 crore deal Read more
- India becomes net exporter of electricity for the first time Read more
- Roll back power tariff hike in Delhi, demands Cong Read more
- Green Investment Bank may invest in Lightsource India Read more
- Coal India strike seen blunted by ample stockpiles Read more
- Gamesa wins repeat orders from Hero Future Energies Read more
- France agrees with Modis stand on role of N-energy in climate change Read more
- Power demand to soar about 3 times by 2040: NitiAayog Read more
- CERC: Petition by Sasan Power Limited or compensation due to Change in Law Read more
- Gamesa wins 100-MW wind power project from Hero Group Read more