Power News We love to talk!
VayuGrid, engaged in affordable bio-energy supply, has announced that it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (NREDC-AP).
The MoU is for Andhra Pradesh to develop panchayat-level Bio Energy Zones (BEZs) for green power generation, including bio-energy green coal plantation supply chain, and the bio fuel processing infrastructure necessary to meet the low-cost production of clean energy.
Each of these BEZs established on wastelands is optimised to generate 10 MW and 14 million litres of bio-diesel, along with nearly 1,400 farm labour jobs through the 60-year productive life of the BEZ.
Kamalakar Babu, CMD, NREDCAP-AP, said, "We are taking our collective learning to do bio-energy in a better and more effective manner."
"We are pleased to be recognised as the leading bio-energy solution to be deployed across Andhra Pradesh, which is reputed for its clean energy portfolio," said Doug Peterson, CEO, VayuGrid.
The State has over 60 lakh acres of wastelands spread across seven districts. Of these, the State is looking at districts such as Cuddappah, Kurnool, Chittoor and Anantapur as initial districts to establish such BEZs.
"The goal of the MoU is to replicate the BEZ to reach 1,500 MW capacity over the next 10 years to increase rural energy access, create jobs, and make wastelands a productive asset for the State," he further stated.Cuddappah, Kurnool, Chittoor and Anantapur districts are being considered.
- BHEL commissions another 600 MW thermal unit in Telangana Read more
- Narendra Modi govts target of 20% gas energy mix by 2025 set to hit high-cost hurdle Read more
- Rural Electrification Corporation looking to raise Rs 2,250 cr via 10-year bonds next week Read more
- NTPC-Simhadri to add 1,600 MW capacity Read more
- IL&FS; aims to more than triple power generation capacity: Official Read more
- IEA's rules for gas are missed opportunity Read more
- CERC issues power trading license to Parshavnath Power Read more
- Adani Enterprises to set up country's largest 10,000 MW solar plant in Rajasthan Read more
- Railways could draw 25% of electric power through renewables: study Read more
- PWD to get a share of tax on petrol, diesel Read more