Power News We love to talk!
VayuGrid, engaged in affordable bio-energy supply, has announced that it has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with New Renewable Energy Development Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (NREDC-AP).
The MoU is for Andhra Pradesh to develop panchayat-level Bio Energy Zones (BEZs) for green power generation, including bio-energy green coal plantation supply chain, and the bio fuel processing infrastructure necessary to meet the low-cost production of clean energy.
Each of these BEZs established on wastelands is optimised to generate 10 MW and 14 million litres of bio-diesel, along with nearly 1,400 farm labour jobs through the 60-year productive life of the BEZ.
Kamalakar Babu, CMD, NREDCAP-AP, said, "We are taking our collective learning to do bio-energy in a better and more effective manner."
"We are pleased to be recognised as the leading bio-energy solution to be deployed across Andhra Pradesh, which is reputed for its clean energy portfolio," said Doug Peterson, CEO, VayuGrid.
The State has over 60 lakh acres of wastelands spread across seven districts. Of these, the State is looking at districts such as Cuddappah, Kurnool, Chittoor and Anantapur as initial districts to establish such BEZs.
"The goal of the MoU is to replicate the BEZ to reach 1,500 MW capacity over the next 10 years to increase rural energy access, create jobs, and make wastelands a productive asset for the State," he further stated.Cuddappah, Kurnool, Chittoor and Anantapur districts are being considered.
- Schneider Electric powers 2 GW of solar capacity, eyes 2.5 GW by March Read more
- ONGC, Reliance Industries disclose tax payments abroad: Transparency International Read more
- NTPC invites bid for 100 mw solar plant in UP Read more
- AP goes for short-term purchase of additional 300 MW Read more
- NTPC, CLP, Torrent owned under-utilised gas-based power plants bidding for gas Read more
- LPG a catalyst of social change: Pradhan Read more
- Low fuel costs aid NTPC, but demand revival is key Read more
- Maharashtra sets up committee to guide govt on renewable energy Read more
- 100 KW solar power plant inaugurated at VOC Port Trust Read more
- No load-shedding now: Big relief for Bengaluru as NTPC's Kudgi unit to pump power from next week Read more