Coal News We love to talk!
The Fertiliser Ministry has allowed swapping of natural gas from the KG-D6 reserve being supplied to Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers (RCF) units located in Maharashtra with regasified liquefied natural gas (R-LNG), thereby facilitating an additional supply of 2.2 mscmd to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, according to an official release.
With the approval, around 450 MW can be generated by gas — independent power producers (IPPs) in Telangana getting 242 MW and Andhra Pradesh 208 MW, the release said.
The IPPs located in the two States have pipeline connectivity with RGTIL’s East-West pipelines.
Currently, operational R-LNG terminals are located on the western coast.
“Even though East-West pipeline of RGTIL provides physical connectivity to eastern part but as communicated by RGTIL, it is not possible for R-LNG to flow from western parts of India to AP.
“Therefore, direct R-LNG supply to customers in AP and Telangana is not possible and can only be achieved through swapping of gas,” said the statement.
GAIL (India) will enter into contractual arrangements with RCF, RGTIL and IPPs located in the two States for the supply of R-LNG which “will help in mitigating the power shortage in Telangana which would benefit the farmers having 18.62 lakh pump sets in saving rabi crops” and unscheduled power cuts in both States could also be minimised.
- Telangana ready to buy power from RGPPL at Rs 5.50/unit Read more
- Mayank Ashar becomes third CEO to quit Cairn India in five years Read more
- Liberty House submits bid for Bhushan Power Read more
- Centre fills up five posts of independent directors at Coal India Read more
- RIL-BP's Rs 40,000 crore investment plan in KG-D6 approved Read more
- TN pares non-peak hour power cut by 50% Read more
- Fuelling an LNG boom Read more
- Oil companies get down to the fight, slug it out to wrest market dominance from IOC Read more
- Better payment guarantee can bring down wind power tariffs further Read more
- India to import more crude oil from Qatar: Jaipal Reddy Read more