Power News We love to talk!
Hyderabad-based telecom and solar energy company Surana Telecom and Power Limited today acquired a majority stake of 51 per cent in Arhyama Energy Private Limited, which is implementing a 10-Mw solar power project in the neighbouring Nalgonda district of Telangana.
While the target company has put land and power purchase agreements (PPAs) in place for the proposed project, Surana Telecom would make the rest of the investment to complete the project following the acquisition. The promoters of Arhyama Energy would retain 49 per cent equity in the company.
"We will make the required investment to complete the project by August-September this year," Narender Surana, managing director of Surana Telecom and Power, told Business Standard.
The total investment outlay of the project is estimated at Rs 82.80 crore, according to the public-listed company.
Arhyama Energy had signed a PPA for supply of 6 Mw power with the business process outsourcing company, Genpact, under the open access route. It signed a similar agreement with a pharmaceutical company for the remaining 4 Mw, according to Surana.
Surana Telecom and Power is already running its 5-Mw solar power project at Gujarat Solar Park and a 5-Mw solar power plant through its subsidiary, Surana Solar Systems Private Limited, in Medak district of Telangana. Further, a 10-Mw solar project is under construction, taking the total installed capacity to 30 Mw after the completion of these projects.
- Rajasthan pips Gujarat in solar power, becomes No. 1 in country Read more
- With its solar switch, Allahabad University to pare annual bill by Rs 40 lakh Read more
- Jaypee asks for power tariff fixation of Karcham Wangtoo project Read more
- Railways to export 18 diesel locomotives to Myanmar Read more
- Coal India to legally examine show cause notices served to subsidiary Read more
- Govt banks on Coal India sale to save the day Read more
- Solar funding continues to be a miniscule of global numbers Read more
- Ruias to seal $7-b deal with Rosneft this weekend Read more
- Abhijeet firms Rs 1,346 cr debt floated for ARCs Read more
- Cochin International Airport Limited to boost solar power capacity Read more