Power News We love to talk!
Chinese electronics company TCL Corporation, Trina Solar and JA Solar Holding Company were among several companies who expressed their interest to make investments in Andhra Pradesh during the ongoing tour of the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
In a business to business engagement, the GMR Group-promoted Kakinada Special Economic Zone has signed an MoU with Hangzhou Huatong Inc, wherein the latter is expected to set up a toys making unit in the SEZ located in AP.
On the last leg of China tour, the State Government held a series of meetings with companies in Shanghai wherein TCL Corporation expressed interest to explore investment responding to Chief Minister’s efforts to make AP an electronics manufacturing hub.
During a meeting with Trina Solar Company, the State delegation was informed that they are exploring possibilities of setting up a manufacturing unit of solar power panels in the State, according to a statement from the Chief Minister’s Office.
JA Solar Holdings, a leading solar cell and module maker, has stated that they were interested in setting up of a 500 MW solar power plant. Xie Jian, President of JA Solar, mentioned that they are looking for a long-term involvement in manufacturing for India and international market.
Shang Yuying, Director General of Shanghai Commerce Commission, mentioned that Shanghai has emerged as an important hub in India and China’s relationship. She expressed interest in collaborate with Andhra Pradesh in Urban design and share knowledge in the State’s endeavour to build a world-class capital.
Nanjing-based construction giant Jiangsu Provincial Construction Company expressed its interest to take up construction works in the state and the proposed capital area.
Later, several MoUs were inked between the Government delegation and Chinese companies in the areas of solar energy and power sector.
- West Bengal's Deocha-Pachami coal block may be difficult to mine: Officials Read more
- Government should avoid retrospective taxation, remove policy uncertainties, says Vedanta Chairman Anil Agarwal Read more
- V O Chidambaranar Port inks pact with SECI to set up 5 MW solar plant Read more
- Solar power capacity addition outstrips wind in Q1 Read more
- Wheels India signs tech agreement with Spanish company for wind components Read more
- IITH-based start-up forays into solar power Read more
- New experts panels fast tracks dirty energy projects Read more
- India's goal of all-electric mobility by 2032 challenging: UBS Read more
- ReNew Power to maintain its lead in green energy, but with caution Read more
- City colleges move towards green energy sources Read more