Power News We love to talk!
Chinese electronics company TCL Corporation, Trina Solar and JA Solar Holding Company were among several companies who expressed their interest to make investments in Andhra Pradesh during the ongoing tour of the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
In a business to business engagement, the GMR Group-promoted Kakinada Special Economic Zone has signed an MoU with Hangzhou Huatong Inc, wherein the latter is expected to set up a toys making unit in the SEZ located in AP.
On the last leg of China tour, the State Government held a series of meetings with companies in Shanghai wherein TCL Corporation expressed interest to explore investment responding to Chief Minister’s efforts to make AP an electronics manufacturing hub.
During a meeting with Trina Solar Company, the State delegation was informed that they are exploring possibilities of setting up a manufacturing unit of solar power panels in the State, according to a statement from the Chief Minister’s Office.
JA Solar Holdings, a leading solar cell and module maker, has stated that they were interested in setting up of a 500 MW solar power plant. Xie Jian, President of JA Solar, mentioned that they are looking for a long-term involvement in manufacturing for India and international market.
Shang Yuying, Director General of Shanghai Commerce Commission, mentioned that Shanghai has emerged as an important hub in India and China’s relationship. She expressed interest in collaborate with Andhra Pradesh in Urban design and share knowledge in the State’s endeavour to build a world-class capital.
Nanjing-based construction giant Jiangsu Provincial Construction Company expressed its interest to take up construction works in the state and the proposed capital area.
Later, several MoUs were inked between the Government delegation and Chinese companies in the areas of solar energy and power sector.
- Government re-negotiating with HPCL on oil refinery: Vasundhara Raje Read more
- Coal India may import 15 mt in 2013-14 to meet shortfall Read more
- APTEL order gives relief to Renewable Energy Generators in Maharashtra Read more
- Energy products demand grows only 3% y-o-y Read more
- Energy demand down Read more
- Rupee fall puts 28,000 cr solar projects at risk: report Read more
- ONGCs $5 billion investment plan not to impact its ratings: S&P Read more
- UDAY could help pare discom losses but bringing them down to zero might prove elusive Read more
- India plans todevelop a forecasting model for energy demand and supply Read more
- Grid connected solar rooftop unit commissioned at MPMKVVL building Read more