Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corp approves investment worth Rs 5,548-crore Power Grid Corp approves investment worth Rs 5,548-crore
Power Grid Corp today said its Board has approved investments worth Rs 5,547.90-crore in various projects including for the inter-state electricity transmission.
Power Grid board of directors have accorded investment approvals for "implementation of green energy corridors: Inter-State Transmission Scheme-Part A at an estimated cost of Rs 1,479.30 crore, with commissioning schedule of 24 months (and) implementation of Green Energy Corridors: Inter-State Transmission Scheme-Part B at an estimated cost of Rs 3,705.61 crore," the company said in regulatory filing.
The other projects, include setting up of fibre optic communication system in western region at an estimated cost of Rs 120.72 crore and implementation of radial interconnection between India and Bangladesh.
The investment proposal has been approved for "implementation of radial interconnection between India and Bangladesh-India portion at an estimated cost of Rs 76.23 crore with commissioning schedule of 12 months
"The timeline of 12 months for implementation of the project shall be reckoned from the date of signing of BPTA with Bangladesh Power Development Board," it said.
- BERC amends Bihar Electricity Grid Code, 2007 Read more
- Indian thrust on renewables will affect thermal projects: CEA Read more
- MERC rejects open access denial petitions against MSEDCL Read more
- ONGC's subsidy largesse, its ailing sisters and the angry wife Read more
- As Cairn India slips on crude, parent Vedanta feels the heat Read more
- Six events that shaped power sector in 2017 Read more
- Energy efficiency targets for core sector units fixed Read more
- Kurnool solar park, 500-MW thermal plant to be clubbed Read more
- OVL eyes buys in Latin America & Africa Read more
- Gujarat Gas reduces natural gas price for ceramic industry Read more