Power News We love to talk!
Power Grid Corp approves investment worth Rs 5,548-crore Power Grid Corp approves investment worth Rs 5,548-crore
Power Grid Corp today said its Board has approved investments worth Rs 5,547.90-crore in various projects including for the inter-state electricity transmission.
Power Grid board of directors have accorded investment approvals for "implementation of green energy corridors: Inter-State Transmission Scheme-Part A at an estimated cost of Rs 1,479.30 crore, with commissioning schedule of 24 months (and) implementation of Green Energy Corridors: Inter-State Transmission Scheme-Part B at an estimated cost of Rs 3,705.61 crore," the company said in regulatory filing.
The other projects, include setting up of fibre optic communication system in western region at an estimated cost of Rs 120.72 crore and implementation of radial interconnection between India and Bangladesh.
The investment proposal has been approved for "implementation of radial interconnection between India and Bangladesh-India portion at an estimated cost of Rs 76.23 crore with commissioning schedule of 12 months
"The timeline of 12 months for implementation of the project shall be reckoned from the date of signing of BPTA with Bangladesh Power Development Board," it said.
- Rooftop solar panels in local body buildings in Tamil Nadu Read more
- Coal Set for Worst Rout Since Post-Lehman Slump: Energy Markets Read more
- Energy demand down Read more
- APERC Notified the Public Hearing on 19th Nov 2016 on APERC (Forecasting, Scheduling, Deviation Settlement and Related Matters of Solar and Wind Generation Sources) Regulations, 2016 Read more
- India may overtake US in wind installations for first time Read more
- Corporate funding in solar sector down to $5.9 billion in Q2 2015 Read more
- Open power access gets dear with 52 paisa extra surcharge Read more
- Petronet LNG third quarter net profit rises 133 per cent at Rs 397 crore Read more
- Protest in Dhaka against Indo-Bangla power plant Read more
- Retain buy on Power Grid amid speculation of govt stake sale: Nomura Read more