Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- Power Grid to invest Rs 30,000 cr to strengthen transmission line from North to South Read more
- Adani Power net loss shrinks to Rs. 34 cr Read more
- Piyush Goyal to perform bhoomi pujan for underground cabling work for old Kashi Read more
- Focus on developing ERS, power utilities told Read more
- PowerGrid: Some hiccups in Q3, but visibility remains intact Read more
- Two labourers killed at NTPC plant in Bihar Read more
- Crest Steel & Power wins Bhaskarapara coal mine in Chhattisgarh Read more
- ONGC may rope in Essar Oil to develop coal bed methane fields Read more
- Power Tariff in Delhi goes up by 4-6% because of PPAC Read more
- Electricity connection to all by 2017 end, says CM Nitish Kumar TNN | October 30, 2016, 08:04 IST Read more