Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- 248 tribal families to get solar LEDs Read more
- New depreciation norm powers Suzlon stock to ceiling Read more
- Tripura to sell more power to Bangladesh, says power minister Manik Dey Read more
- 2nd auction on subsidy to gas-based power projects on September 15 Read more
- Power utility company CESC lines up Rs 3,000 crore for renewables, acquisitions on radar Read more
- India to commission 5-mt underground oil storages by October Read more
- Commission directs Electricity dept. to refund money to consumer Read more
- CAG asks DERC for data given by discoms Read more
- Bangladesh to ink pact with India for 100 MW power from Tripura Read more
- Tata Power-DDL launches energy efficient LED lights, fans scheme for customers Read more