Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- Power plants with long-term PPAs seek Coal Indias e-auction calendar Read more
- NTPC's credit strength reflects dominant position, says Moody's Investors Service Read more
- Panel defers green nod to NTPC super thermal project in MP Read more
- High Court issues notice on appointment of discom directors Read more
- OERC disposes of an individuals petition against NESCO Read more
- Demand for India solar credits rises to four-month high Read more
- Report sought from TS for its inclusion in power for all scheme Read more
- IDFC Alternatives buys IL&FS;s Madhya Pradesh solar project Read more
- Pradhan rolls out red carpet for global investors to participate in largest oil and gas auctions Read more
- AP charts plan for energy conservation Read more