Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- Power distribution firms should make accounts public: Delhi BJP Read more
- UERC rejects UJVNLs petition for R&MOF; 30 MW Kulhal HEP Read more
- GVK to get more time to pay off gas loans Read more
- Wind Turbines: Over 3,000 MW capacity rots for want of servicing Read more
- Record level of wind power produced in Gujarat on higher capacity Read more
- UDAY scheme: Smarter operations must for success Read more
- No power tariff or surcharge hike in Kerala: Power Minister Aryadan Muhammed Read more
- Forest dept asked for utilisation of corpus in 8 mineral-rich districts Read more
- Debt-laden Videocon plans to sell gas from foreign blocks in India Read more
- 'Pooled price' for coal will hurt Discoms Read more