Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- Forum of Power Utilities proposed by Electricity Regulatory Commissions of states and the centre Read more
- Haryana: Circular regarding Cross Subsidy Surcharge for the Captive Power Plants of Haryana Read more
- Tata Power Solar completes 10 MW solar power plant in Karnataka, India Read more
- NTPC Pudimadaka public hearing on August 12 Read more
- Piyush Goyal pushes for 'energy-saving' bulbs even as streetlights remain on during the day Read more
- MP discoms proposes up to 25% power rate rise Read more
- Allot coal block: State to Centre Read more
- Should upstream oil & gas companies get taxed to death? Read more
- Answer to TN power problems is blowin' in the wind Read more
- CEAs power plan sounds death knell for thermal capacities Read more