Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- NTPC Kahalgaon power plant generates record 15,794 million units Read more
- Telangana's solar power generation capacity reaches 3,800 Megawatt Read more
- Supreme Court verdict may plunge future of power firms into darkness Read more
- BHEL surges 5% on commissioning of three power projects Read more
- 'Quantum jump in power consumption in Bihar in past eleven years' Read more
- GMR Infra: Capitalising on power assets Read more
- CIL floats first tender to supply coal under SHAKTI scheme Read more
- Government to auction 10 coal mines in third tranche by August: Coal Secretary Read more
- Investor commitments received for 1.3 lakh MW renewable energy: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Thermal power projects for 12th Plan have clearances: Central Electricity Authority Read more