Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- Maharashtra polls: Ahead of election, Maharashtra buys more power Read more
- Coal shortage: 43,000 MW projects hit, 10 b units lost in a year Read more
- Narayan Karthikeyan's company looks to buy Inox Windfarms for Rs 1,200 crore Read more
- Dont ask us to pay when you owe us more, renewable energy cos tell Tangedco Read more
- Arunachal Pradesh scraps power deal with Naveen Jindal Group Read more
- Jindal Power advances Tamnar expansion for tax holiday Read more
- Suzlon receives 197.40 MW repeat order from IPP company Read more
- NPCIL plans to generate 13,000 MWe power by 2023 Read more
- Work begins on India's first green energy corridor project Read more
- Power issue may cast shadow on GIM Read more