Power News We love to talk!
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposals for amendment in Electricity Act, 2003 on December 10, 2014 as contained in the Electricity (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Electricity (Amend-ment) Bill, 2014 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December, 19, 2014.
This was referred to Parliamentary Standing Committee on Energy and the committee has submitted its report to Parliament on May 7, 2015, said a release by the Press Information Bureau on Monday. The amendments proposed in Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2014 seek to end the monopoly of power distribution companies by segregating the carriage (distribution sector/network) from the content (electricity supply) in the power sector.
- Reforms, competition in distribution and end to coal monopoly only antidotes to power failures Read more
- Tata Power focuses overseas as losses pile up at Mundra plant Read more
- NTPC plant shutdown hits power supply in 5 States Read more
- Telangana's solar power generation capacity reaches 3,800 Megawatt Read more
- Dabhol plant may be rented out to private producers Read more
- Dont know whats controversial about Welspun deal: Balkrishan Goenka Read more
- RERC accepts KIPLs petition seeking interest payment from the state discoms Read more
- Government offers online facility for installing solar rooftops Read more
- Heavy penalties on States violating grid discipline Read more
- JSW Energy looking at 8-10 projects Read more