Coal News We love to talk!
In a move that could have implication on finances of state power distribution companies, the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity has partially set aside Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission's (GERC) order to revise their RPO target of 2012-13.
The Tribunal ruled that the GERC had wrongly revised the RPOs for different distribution companies as per their actual purchases inconsistent with the prescribed percentage. Also, it was not in line with the objective of setting up the renewable power obligations mechanism. The Tribunal has also directed the state power regulator to reconsider the applications of the Discoms seeking revision of RPO targets for FY13 afresh and pass appropriate orders in three months.
"The State Commission has incorrectly revised the RPO for the deemed distribution licensees to zero or nearly negligible amount due to financial impact, low energy consumption, nascent stage of operation etc, in contravention to the Regulations" - APTEL
It added that GERC has the power to revise RPO targets for wind and other energy sources due to low capacity addition uniformly for all the power distribution companies. But "for those distribution licensees who have not fulfilled the revised RPO, action has to be taken by the State Commission". The order was passed by APETL while hearing the appeal of Indian Wind Power Association against GERC order of revision of RPO targets for 2012-13. The state electricity regulator had in February adjusted shortfall in RPOs for state Discoms for 2013-14.
http://aptel.gov.in/judgements/APPEAL No. 258 of 2013 & APPEAL NO. 21 of 2014.pdf
- Kalpataru Power Transmission bags four orders worth Rs 1,295 crore Read more
- High-tech system for power transmission soon Read more
- Govt. move to shift NTPC plant Read more
- CIL to hold e-auction for power plants next week Read more
- Madras HC appoints arbitrator for Suzlon-Indowind dispute Read more
- Ensuring parity in gas pricing Read more
- Telangana's solar power generation capacity reaches 3,800 Megawatt Read more
- Pvt power producers against cost plus pricing of coal Read more
- RPower inches up on commissioning a power generation unit in Maharashtra Read more
- Narendra Modis Saubhagya Scheme kicks off on impressive note, but two major programmes languish Read more