Coal News We love to talk!
In a move that could have implication on finances of state power distribution companies, the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity has partially set aside Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission's (GERC) order to revise their RPO target of 2012-13.
The Tribunal ruled that the GERC had wrongly revised the RPOs for different distribution companies as per their actual purchases inconsistent with the prescribed percentage. Also, it was not in line with the objective of setting up the renewable power obligations mechanism. The Tribunal has also directed the state power regulator to reconsider the applications of the Discoms seeking revision of RPO targets for FY13 afresh and pass appropriate orders in three months.
"The State Commission has incorrectly revised the RPO for the deemed distribution licensees to zero or nearly negligible amount due to financial impact, low energy consumption, nascent stage of operation etc, in contravention to the Regulations" - APTEL
It added that GERC has the power to revise RPO targets for wind and other energy sources due to low capacity addition uniformly for all the power distribution companies. But "for those distribution licensees who have not fulfilled the revised RPO, action has to be taken by the State Commission". The order was passed by APETL while hearing the appeal of Indian Wind Power Association against GERC order of revision of RPO targets for 2012-13. The state electricity regulator had in February adjusted shortfall in RPOs for state Discoms for 2013-14.
http://aptel.gov.in/judgements/APPEAL No. 258 of 2013 & APPEAL NO. 21 of 2014.pdf
- Gujarat allows power tariff hikes, in relief to Tata, Adani, Essar Read more
- Maharashtra govt to spend Rs 7,300 crore on repair of electricity poles Read more
- IREDA launches loan scheme for rooftop solar power projects Read more
- Sterlite Grid refinances project loan for North-East power projects Read more
- Steel manufacturing cost to rise as power out of GST: Steel Ministry to PMO Read more
- Sembcorp Energy, Montecarlo get Sebi's go-ahead for IPO Read more
- CIL targets to supply 377 mt Read more
- JSW Energy looking at 8-10 projects Read more
- Pradhan pitches for startup funds by PSUs, Methanol Economy Read more
- Cybersecurity tests likely for imported power distribution equipment Read more