Power News We love to talk!
People in several areas had a harrowing time as power supply was snapped for over four hours after a powerful dust storm damaged the electricity network on Tuesday. Even before the storm, there was no power in Laxmi Nagar, Mayur Vihar Phase III and II, Trilokpuri, Dwarka, Rohini, Jahangirpuri and some parts of outer Delhi. Power department officials said the peak power demand of 4,959 MW was recorded at around 12:30 pm.
Residents expressed anger over the failure of concerned agencies to repair the network, which also affected water supply.
- Consumers to get prior info on power outages Read more
- Power projects in a price maze Read more
- Long-term vision needed to push transmission infrastructure: PowerGrid Read more
- Experts to decide route of power transportation to Bangladesh Read more
- Railways to set up Rs. 200-crore solar power plant in Bhilai Read more
- ReNew Power to add 200-300 MW a year Read more
- Power-packed: Discoms losing Rs 10k cr/year as coal tolling policy not allowed Read more
- Discom BSES offers Rs. 1 lakh accident insurance for timely bill payment Read more
- PNGRB may end supplier monopoly in piped gas service Read more
- Centre sets 30 GW target for offshore wind power by 2030 Read more