Power News We love to talk!
The Alstom-NTPC joint venture (JV) has bagged a contract of Rs 206.7 crore from Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) to renovate and modernise two steam turbines of Ukai and Wanakbori thermal power stations in Gujarat.
NASL ( NTPC Alstom Power Service Pvt) is a 50:50 joint venture of NTPC and Alstom Power Systems GmbH established in 1999 for undertaking renovation and modernisation of power plants in India.
"NASL has been awarded a contract worth approximately euro 26.65 million (Rs 2,067 million) by GSECL to renovate and modernise two steam turbines at Ukai and Wanakbori thermal power stations, both situated in Gujarat," Alstom said in a BSE filing.
NASL is already executing the prestigious ESP Retrofits project for NTPC Talcher and GSECL Ukai power plants.
According to the statement, the scope of each project covers engineering, supply, erection, commissioning and testing. The equipment will be manufactured at Alstom's facilities in India and Poland and the projects are scheduled to be commissioned in 2017.
The company, in a BSE filing, said that of the aforesaid contract, Alstom India's share of work will be approximately Rs 150.3 crore (about euro 19.38 million).
Alstom will perform full-shaft line retrofits of the 200 MW BHEL-supplied LMZ design steam turbines at unit 4 of the 1,350-MW Ukai power station and unit 3 of the 1,470-MW Wanakbori power station.
The retrofits will boost turbine efficiency by around 14 per cent, thus potentially cutting down coal consumption and carbon dioxide emission.
Alstom India Managing Director Patrick Ledermann said, "This contract clearly demonstrates the customer's confidence in Alstom's leading retrofit solutions. Improving efficiency of ageing coal power plants not only boosts competitiveness of these units, but limits climate change as coal is the largest fuel in India."
The company said there are more than 50 similar, BHEL-supplied LMZ design 200/210-MW steam turbine units in India that can benefit from modernisation. Such projects are expected to play a pivotal role in India achieving its goal under the National Mission on Enhanced Energy Efficiency.
- BHEL R&D arm to launch products for cheaper solar energy Read more
- 10 PSUs to raise Rs 15,000 cr via Sovereign Wealth Funds Read more
- Billionaire Ruias Stall Refinery Plan for Debt: Corporate India Read more
- Who will solve Indias bad utilities problem? Read more
- DERC approves PPA for TPDDLs 43 KW solar project at Narela, Delhi Read more
- Renewable energy at the core of India's 'smart cities' push Read more
- India makes first crude oil purchase for strategic reserve Read more
- As Narendra Modi govt looks to cut fuel import bill, HPCL set to build 3 more ethanol bio-refineries Read more
- Government appoints firm to find ways to offset any spike in power production costs after e-auction of coal blocks Read more
- IREDA to convert to Green Bank Read more