Coal News We love to talk!
Power Import by Solar Plants during non-generation hours to be billed at temporary HTP category tariff
GMR Gujarat Solar Power Private Limited, a solar generator in Gujarat had filed an appeal with APTEL challenging the GERC order on 31.07.2013 deciding that the Solar Power Plant has to pay to the Distribution Licensee for the power imported during the period when it is not generating power at the same rate at which the Distribution Licensees purchases power from the Solar plant.
The APTEL after detailed deliberations allowed the Appeal and set aside the impugned order of GERC. It ruled that the Appellant (GMR) is entitled to be charged for import of power at temporary HTP category tariff as determined by the State Commission in retail supply tariff order from time to time and the amount is to be adjusted in the bill to be paid for supply of solar power by the Solar PV plant to GUVNL. It is considered to be an important judgment considering the huge pace at which Solar Generators are coming up across the country. The order would also bring clarity to many other similar issues pending with the other states regulators.
- Fourth Partner commissions rooftop solar unit for Scope Read more
- Creditors reject Liberty House bid for Bhushan Power and Steel Read more
- Inox Wind bags 50 MW wind power project from TPREL in Madhya Pradesh Read more
- Cairn India seeks oil swaps to skirt oil export ban, get higher margins Read more
- States pull the plug on mega power equipment tender Read more
- Crude oil opens new vistas in India-US relationship Read more
- Indian renewable energy sector will lead world in clean energy: Goyal Read more
- Monnet to surrender Utkal C mine over power tariff cap Read more
- Improving economics to drive investments in renewable Read more
- Gujarat rejects claim of forced land acquisition for Essar Read more