Coal News We love to talk!
The Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (MPERC) has dismissed the petition filed by RDM Care (India) Private Limited seeking a review of the commission’s tariff order for the procurement of power from biogas-based power projects in Madhya Pradesh.
RDM Carehas a 1.2 MW biogas-based power plant at Pariyat, which was commissioned on August 25, 2011. The company pleaded that the actual cost of the aforesaid project is Rs 102.30 million per MW (net subsidy and inclusive of infrastructure cost), which is much higher than the Rs 85 million per MW cost, which has been considered by MPERC in the tariff order.
In the order, the commission stated that it had issued a generic tariff order for procurement of power from various biogas-based power projects and that it would not be prudent to consider the actual cost of a specific project. Also, MPERC noted that the petitioner could not produce any new and important matter or evidence after due diligence for consideration by the commission. In addition, the petitioner could not establish any error apparent on the face of the record or any other sufficient reason on the basis of which the review of the tariff order could be considered.
- Power sector stable, says Moody's; ICRA sees mix results for UDAY Read more
- CPI (M) against Odisha plan to hand over power discoms to private companies Read more
- India, Nepal agree to build new cross-border power transmission lines Read more
- CSECR specifies price ceiling for short-term power procurement by CSPDCL for 2014-15 Read more
- Scientists developing solar-powered system to provide safe drinking water in India Read more
- 3200 MW wind energy capacity added in 2011-12 Read more
- Apex court halts AP High Court from deciding on KG-D6 gas allocation Read more
- Solar industry fears dark days ahead: Imposition of duty on import of cells threatens projects, say developers Read more
- PM Narendra Modi meets officials of power utilities to discuss mounting debt Read more
- Tariff doesnt reflect cost, help amortise Rs 16 K cr unpaid dues: Delhi discoms on NTPC dues Read more