Coal News We love to talk!
The Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) has dismissed the petition filed by EID Parry (India) Limited under Section 86(1) (f) of the Electricity Act, 2003, against Hubli Electricity Supply Company Limited (HESCOM) and Karnataka State Load Despatch Centre (SLDC in a billing dispute.
EDI Parry operates a 24 MW co-generation power plant in Uttara Kannada district, of which 20.86 MW is exportable capacity. The PPA for the project was signed with HESCOM in January 2007.
The petitioner had requested a direction against both the respondents to make payment as per market rates at the India Energy Exchange, instead of the PPA rates, for the energy supplied between July 2009 and May 2011, excluding the months of May 2010 and June 2010, which amounts to Rs 115.80 million. The petition was rejected as EDI Parry failed to produce any relevant material in support of its claim for a higher rate, and therefore the petition was dismissed.
- Policy changes, crude prices energize oil, gas firms Read more
- Petrol, diesel prices cut marginally on Wednesday Read more
- Modi to visit Iran this month Read more
- We're receiving third-grade coal, Damodar Valley Corp tells CIL Read more
- UN official Kandeh Yumkella meets M Venkaiah Naidu, pitches for solar power promotion Read more
- New norms for solar power bids to enhance transparency: MNRE Read more
- RIL frustrated by lack of clarity in D6 gas price Read more
- Madhucon arm signs pact for 300 MW plant in Indonesia Read more
- CIL to supply coal by road to power plants located at shorter distance: Goyal Read more
- Tolling policy: GMR restarts Chhattisgarh power plant Read more