Coal News We love to talk!
The Punjab State Electricity Regulatory Commission (PSERC) has approved the fuel cost adjustment (FCA) surcharge for Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) for the third quarter of 2014–15.
PSPCL had proposed a FCA surcharge for metered consumers at 8.29 paise per unit and for unmetered consumers at Rs 4.89 per kW per month (or Rs 3.65 per BHP per month). Accordingly, PSPCL had worked out the adjustment amount for the quarter as Rs 768.7 million, consisting of Rs 708.3 million as change in the fuel cost of its own thermal stations and as Rs 60.4 million as change in the power purchase cost.
PSERC has approved a total FCA amount of Rs 368.2 million, including Rs 307.5 million chargeable from metered consumers and Rs 60.8 million from unmetered consumers. The chargeable FCAs to the metered category and the unmetered category have been calculated as 4 paise per unit and as Rs 2 per BHP per month respectively. The charges will be levied with effect from April 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015, in addition to the tariff determined in the tariff order for 2015–16.
- Pvt power projects to get coal policy cover to beat crunch Read more
- Budget 2015: Renewable energy ministry seeks incentives for solar sector Read more
- Rajasthan discom bonds power ahead Read more
- India set to seal major power deal in Bangladesh, beating China Read more
- Electricity tribunal makes circulation of consultative papers mandatory Read more
- DBTL scheme PaHaL enrolls 80% LPG consumers in Guj Read more
- TNERC rejects Metro Rails plea for concessional tariff Read more
- Norms for medium-term PPAs for stressed coal plants next month Read more
- UDAY will revive the poor state of the power sector : Pramod Deo Read more
- Government postpones 1 GW wind power auction to October 4 Read more