Coal News We love to talk!
The Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission (BERC) has notified a suo moto order for the fourth amendment to the Bihar Electricity Grid Code, 2007.
As per the amendments, if there are arrears of electricity dues against the owner or occupier or tenant of the premises as a consumer, a new connection will not be denied to the subsequent owner, occupier, or tenant, as was the case earlier. The arrears of electricity dues on the premises will be recovered from the defaulting consumer or will be transferred to another running account(s) of the defaulting consumer after adjustment of the amount of the security deposit and the interest, and after giving fifteen days’ notice.
In addition, no case of theft will be booked only on the basis of evidence or claim that the seal on the meter is found damaged/broken/dilapidated/missing, or that the glass window is found broken, unless corroborated by the consumption pattern of the consumer and such other evidence as may be available. Previously, consumers were booked for electricity theft if the meter seal was found damaged, even due to unavoidable circumstances or due to ageing, without testing for the tampering of the meter.
Besides, changes have been made in the procedure for the fixation of the contract demand on the basis of the total connected load for domestic consumers and the average billing for the period when the meter remains defective/damaged/non-functional among other clauses.
The amended regulation will be applicable from the date of publication in the official gazette.
- Coal Indias 66 coal mine projects facing delays Read more
- Govt to review status of 32 coal blocks next week Read more
- IIESTcreates first smart grid project to generate power fromrenewable energy Read more
- Haldia Energy to generate 600 MW Read more
- Solar sector funding drops to $25.3 bn in 2015 Read more
- India, Canada sign three MoUs in energy, infrastructure at Vibrant Gujarat Summit Read more
- Modi government aims to cut petroleum imports as it boosts alternative fuel use Read more
- GERC directs GETCO to not levy transmission charges on OPGS Read more
- Odisha asks NTPC, PGCIL to float tenders for RGGVY Read more
- SKF sets up 1 MW roof-top solar plant in Pune Read more