Coal News We love to talk!
The Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC) has approved the request made by Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) in its petition for approval for short term power procurement and provisional tariff for supplying power to consumers in Multimodal international Hub Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) Special Economic Zone (SEZ) area.
The order stated that Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) tariff is the only approved tariff for the area and to the extent that the proposed tariff by MADC is lower than the ceiling tariff, MADC is at liberty to apply it to its own consumers. MADC may procure power through power exchanges to meet its power requirement and MSEDCL will provide stand-by support to MADC for meeting contingencies, if any.
The MERC also allowed the deviation between 33 kV bus and 220/33 kV substation of Abhijeet MADC Nagpur Energy Private Limited (AMNEPL) at MIHAN SEZ sought by MADC under Ministry of Power’s Guidelines for Short Term Procurement of Power.
- Are CERC verdicts actually a watershed? Read more
- MERC rejects petition filed by CGL against MSEDCL and Jalgaon Energy for non-compliance of order Read more
- India to announce new biofuel policy soon to realize Rs 1 lakh crore investment Read more
- Adani Power seeks shareholders' nod for raising upto Rs 5,000 crore Read more
- Industries can now purchase power from open market Read more
- AP discoms among top 5 in power supply practices Read more
- Essar Power asks lenders to work on debt recast Read more
- ONGC Videsh eyes oil & gas blocks in Colombia Read more
- Anganwadis in 4 villages light up with solar power Read more
- Punjab CM says says farmers wont have to pay for power under DBT for electricity Read more