Coal News We love to talk!
The Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC) has approved the request made by Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) in its petition for approval for short term power procurement and provisional tariff for supplying power to consumers in Multimodal international Hub Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) Special Economic Zone (SEZ) area.
The order stated that Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) tariff is the only approved tariff for the area and to the extent that the proposed tariff by MADC is lower than the ceiling tariff, MADC is at liberty to apply it to its own consumers. MADC may procure power through power exchanges to meet its power requirement and MSEDCL will provide stand-by support to MADC for meeting contingencies, if any.
The MERC also allowed the deviation between 33 kV bus and 220/33 kV substation of Abhijeet MADC Nagpur Energy Private Limited (AMNEPL) at MIHAN SEZ sought by MADC under Ministry of Power’s Guidelines for Short Term Procurement of Power.
- CERC: Petition under EA-2003 for directions to, inter alia, accept schedules for supply of power against long-term access Read more
- Maharashtra to spend Rs2,682 crore to incentivize solar power Read more
- Government to approve policy on 100 GW solar power in few days: Piyush Goyal Read more
- Gaya power consumer body opposes proposed tariff hike Read more
- CERC approves tariff for POWERGRIDs 50 per cent series compensation at Meerut for 2009-14 Read more
- Karnataka govt overrules regulator's order to reduce discom tariff Read more
- Solar firm Rays Power Experts in talks to raise Rs100 crore Read more
- APERC eases burden on consumers Read more
- Per capita energy consumption fell 0.6% in FY14 Read more
- Telangana power generation utility spent Rs 800 crore on repairs Read more