Coal News We love to talk!
The Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC) has approved the request made by Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) in its petition for approval for short term power procurement and provisional tariff for supplying power to consumers in Multimodal international Hub Airport at Nagpur (MIHAN) Special Economic Zone (SEZ) area.
The order stated that Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited’s (MSEDCL) tariff is the only approved tariff for the area and to the extent that the proposed tariff by MADC is lower than the ceiling tariff, MADC is at liberty to apply it to its own consumers. MADC may procure power through power exchanges to meet its power requirement and MSEDCL will provide stand-by support to MADC for meeting contingencies, if any.
The MERC also allowed the deviation between 33 kV bus and 220/33 kV substation of Abhijeet MADC Nagpur Energy Private Limited (AMNEPL) at MIHAN SEZ sought by MADC under Ministry of Power’s Guidelines for Short Term Procurement of Power.
- ‘TN to become power surplus State by 2014’ Read more
- Telangana may reduce power cuts on industrial consumers Read more
- Government likely to allow private power firms double capacity at existing plants Read more
- CG Power bags order worth Rs 335 cr Read more
- Haryana discoms looking at strengthening network, power supply Read more
- Reliance Power applies for hike in Sasan tariff on higher overheads Read more
- You may soon get shocked as UP proposes steep hike in power tariffs; here are new plans Read more
- Looking for reform success, PM Narendra Modi readies electricity rescue plan Read more
- Power generation rises 5.8% in January Read more
- Decommissioned thermal power units to soon lose their fuel supply Read more